Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 looking to book any elk or moose hunt any recommendations? >

looking to book any elk or moose hunt any recommendations?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

looking to book any elk or moose hunt any recommendations?

Old 03-27-2008, 07:45 AM

Default looking to book any elk or moose hunt any recommendations?

I'm looking to book an elk or moosehunt for my dad and iin 2009. Any info would be a great helpespecially with findinga goodoutfitter. Please no fenced hunts.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: looking to book any elk or moose hunt any recommendations?

It depends what you are looking for. Are you looking for an archery hunt or rifle? If it is rifle, then I can't help you much simply because I have never been on a rifle hunt and my favorite outfitter is archery only. It also depends whether you are strictly after "trophy" class elk or if you want to go somewhere where your chances of getting an elk is high, but your changes of getting a monster are very small. There are some places that seem to have both, but they are mucho dinero. Which brings me to the third criteria. There are some really good hunts for free (minus of course travel and licenses which can be a lot), my personal favorite elk outfitter is $2000 for a week, and the trophy outfitter I go with is $4500 (and the license fees are $1500). So, you have to also decide how much you can or are willing to spend. Once you figure all that out, then you can really start looking for specific outfitters. The other thing is to really put in some time researching any outfitter. Call them and talk to them. It is amazing how much you can tell about an outfitter just by talking to them.
Old 03-30-2008, 02:31 PM

Thanks for the info I am looking for a rifle or muzzleloader hunt.This is something my dad has wanted to do all his life so I would kinda like for him to get a shot at an animal but it isn't the most important thing. As far as money goes I don't wanna totally break the bank but I belive that you get what you pay for so I'm not looking for any bargain hunts. Anyone who has anyinput I'd love to hear from you.
Old 03-30-2008, 03:25 PM

COME TO SASKATCHEWAN HIGH RIVER OUTFITTERS NEER HUNDSON BAY SASKATCHEWAN
Old 04-07-2008, 05:51 AM

Check out http://www.albertaoutfitting.com/

Louis has an awesome area for moose. They are up in Northwest Alberta. They have big moose and usually have a 100% success with rifle hunters.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

new mexico has some muzzleloader/bow only units, never rifle hunted.....lower altitude can be a plus, deadline is fast approaching though! so if you miss out you may need to buy a landowner tag/outfitter license type deal.

a late season rifle elk hunt in wyoming outside of yellowstone could be a great/fun hunt! Colorado you can probably most likely do a cheaper/ok hunt, though as a trophy elk state, colorado ranks pretty low, though you said taking an elk wasnt in high regard.....you can prob take an elk there more so than elsewhere perhaps, but if looking for a trophy make loook elsewhere.

As for moose, western canada? I think if you can afford a moose hunt you can afford a pretty nice elk hunt, though I may be wrong.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: captsteve

I'm looking to book an elk or moosehunt for my dad and iin 2009. Any info would be a great helpespecially with findinga goodoutfitter. Please no fenced hunts.
I've had outstanding luck with this outfitter: packhorsecreek.com

They love the land, the game, and the sport. They really go the extra mile for their clients. I'm sure there are cheaper places to go, and there might be places with even bigger trophies. However, you won't regret your experience here.

FC
Old 04-16-2008, 10:18 PM
Typical Buck

I have several hunts available for elk on some great private ranches at very reasonable rates. Check out my website at www.colorado-adventures.com and give me a shout if you can't find anything. Good luck.
Old 05-13-2008, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

Drop me a email via my website at www.colorado-adventures.com. I have several great ranches that offer some excellent elk hunts on private property for right around 4000.00 and less. These are all inclusive hunts.