Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Sheep Management Disaster

Old 03-25-2008, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Sheep Management Disaster

Well so far this winter our management unit alone has lost 34 big horn sheep (at least one big full curl that I know of) to vehical runins on our highway..I live in their main wintering ground so its nothing to see a up to 50 every day..
Gov and municiple talks have been discussed about the issue but nothings happened..
High fences have been proposed along the highway,
it won't be the answer but it would be a start better than nothing..
The biggest problem is founding who's gonna pay what.
Recently a local fellow offered to pay for the high fenceas well as an underground culvert to be built, out of his own pocket and was turned down..
No reason as to why and not even a Thankyou for offering to do it from the Provincial level of gov..
He did get a Thank-you from the municiple level...
This just pisses me off....A gracious offer to save lives of humans and animals, keep insurance rates down and its a NO.[:@]

Old 03-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Sheep Management Disaster

What State?

Government is so slow, and red tape, its ridiculous, as are other things.....homeowner's associations.....

Its like, ok propose it....then, have this guy sign off.....make changes, sign off.....new changes......engineers, blah blah, we need action!

Old 03-25-2008, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

What State?

Government is so slow, and red tape, its ridiculous, as are other things.....homeowner's associations.....

Its like, ok propose it....then, have this guy sign off.....make changes, sign off.....new changes......engineers, blah blah, we need action!
Yeah...I agree...Red tape everywhere
Old 03-26-2008, 05:40 PM

He said provincial government so I'm guessing that would be up in the great white north dere eh?
Old 03-26-2008, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's to bad... Seems like it's always something.

Our sheep population in SD has taken a massive hit as well... Most people think the blooming lion poplulatin is at least partially to blame in our situation... I think ND is having the same issue. I believe a good portion of the sheep that they transplanted last year from MT were killed by lions within the first year...

Here was a small blurb on it: http://www.bismarcktribune.com/artic...ate/143820.txt

Old 03-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: fishm@n

He said provincial government so I'm guessing that would be up in the great white north dere eh?
Sorry guys..
Yeah you guessed it eh.....
Southern Interior of British Columbia Canada.
Yeah its pretty sad..
Red Tape everywhere, but geez my Prov gov ministers must all be walkingwith an "I'm a Retard" sign posted on their foreheadswhen they blaightenly Ignorean all expense paid offer like the one that this guy proposed..
The thing is once thisoffer was proposed, it started a chain of events, highway contracting outfit offered equipment donations, their employees offeredtheir time on the job free.
Chain link fence donated..
Indians offered to give there land up so the fence could be built over this strectch of highway section.
Free land, free equipment and operating costs, whats so hard about getting the proper permits in order gettingan engineeringcompany some drawings and getting it done..
Its sad there is no excuse for this not to happen..
Old 03-30-2008, 02:34 AM

Gotta love the BC provincial government. I see your point and I know exactly what your talking about Jeff and it is Bull ****.

I cant wait for Premeier Gordon Campbell to get outta Victoria and someone else to step in and do some good for this great province.

Old 03-31-2008, 03:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: moosehunter21

Gotta love the BC provincial government. I see your point and I know exactly what your talking about Jeff and it is Bull ****.

I cant wait for Premeier Gordon Campbell to get outta Victoria and someone else to step in and do some good for this great province.

Yeah Campbells an idiot..
SOME SMART YOUNG HOT BABES RUNNING OUR PROVINCE
WOULD BE A START.
I can see the money rolling into B.C. from Ottawa already..