Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Elephant management strategy? >

Elephant management strategy?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elephant management strategy?

Old 02-18-2008, 10:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Elephant management strategy?

I recently saw on discovery or some other channel, how many male elephants now are tuskless and more aggressive, and in another 50yrs no males will have tusks. I think we need to cull these tuskless from the heards so only the tusked males are breeding. These tuskless tend to cause more attacks etc....they say as well.

*sidenote, big game forum needs an "african section" I think, how can we go about adding that sub section to big game/hunting forum?
Old 02-19-2008, 07:47 AM
EKM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Elephant management strategy?

African forum?
Just go to "accuratereloading.dot.com."and get the real thing.

IMHO, Huntingnet.com has the wrong demographic to support an African forum, that is unless you just want pure speculation.

The central and primary focus of this website is bowhunting whitetail deer.
Largerbig game hunting is way down theway in thepecking order.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

IMHO, Huntingnet.com has the wrong demographic to support an African forum, that is unless you just want pure speculation.

The central and primary focus of this website is bowhunting whitetail deer.
Largerbig game hunting is way down the way in thepecking order.
+1

Old 02-19-2008, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

thanks for the link/info I'll check it out, i don't want to join another website though, lol.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Seems to me that there is a lot more to this forum than whitetail deer. As the seasons roll by there is quite a bit of elk, Moose and Bear hunting discusssion here as well. However it would be nice to have more bigger game to hash over as well. I would like to see a Knife forum too.
Old 02-23-2008, 11:08 PM
EKM
Typical Buck

Seems to me that there is a lot more to this forum than whitetail deer. As the seasons roll by there is quite a bit of elk, Moose and Bear hunting discusssion here as well. However it would be nice to have more bigger game to hash over as well.
Huntingnet:
44641 Bowhunting
15467 Deerhunting
4972 Big Game Hunting (including "mulies" according to the label)

14571 All Guns Combined (with Big Bores viewed largely with suspicion andignorance)
================================================== =

AccurateReloading:
16357 African Hunting
10344 American Big Game
1140 Bowhunting

12269 Big Bores alone (.375 and up forum)
================================================== =

True big game hunting is pretty small potatoes on this website; main emphasis hereis pretty much sticks and strings and Bambi.

Also, I might add, judging by the vernacular and the content (and misspellings)of the posts, I'd say the average age on this forum has decreased in the last 6 years.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

True big game hunting is pretty small potatoes on this website; main emphasis hereis pretty much sticks and strings and Bambi.
I think that as long as it's called "Huntingnet.com", hunters interested in every facet of hunting have the privilege to talk about what they want.

Maybe the prolific number of postings of deer bow hunters means they are just the "chatty" type...

I enjoy reading and posting on other forums on this sitethan you do, but that's okay, too.

I do object to calling deer "bambi" though. Bambi is a myth. That’s one of the favorites names in the vernacular of the "antis", not hunters.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:32 AM
EKM
Typical Buck

"....I do object to calling deer "bambi" though. Bambi is a myth. That’s one of the favorites names in the vernacular of the "antis", not hunters...."
Feel free to object.... a tempest in a teapot IMHO....

I still recommend the thread originator to "accuratereloading.dot.com." if he really wants anAfrican forumvs the dominant(and damn chatty) sticks-strings-bambi-threads.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bambi, yea not my term either, but any moose I kill is going to be bullwinkel.......and any coyote is wily.....haha.
Old 03-02-2008, 07:42 PM
EKM
Typical Buck

....tea anyone?

Quick Reply: Elephant management strategy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.