Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Elephant management strategy? >

Elephant management strategy?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elephant management strategy?

Old 03-13-2008, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Elephant Management

No, actually I was just referring to the fact that you have made 15 posts on this thread and contributed nothing to making this a better website. I really don't see what your point is or what you get out of this kind of dialogue.

All I know for sure is it is not worth the time to read it any more. Count me out of here, but I used the "block" feature as my last act. That means you get the last word! Have fun!
Old 03-13-2008, 08:03 PM
EKM
Typical Buck

Yeah, when attacked I am prone to respond and thatcan make for more than usual number of posts in a thread; also tends to make me stick to my positionmore tenaciouslythan I might otherwise.
================================================== ==

Original Thread:
I recently saw on discovery or some other channel, how many male elephants now are tuskless and more aggressive, and in another 50yrs no males will have tusks. I think we need to cull these tuskless from the heards so only the tusked males are breeding. These tuskless tend to cause more attacks etc....they say as well.

*sidenote, big game forum needs an "african section" I think, how can we go about adding that sub section to big game/hunting forum?
I guess you could email the adminstrators and ask for it, or post on the "Website Improvements" section, which is what we did when we requested the elk forum and that got us nada, not even an explaination as to why we were turned down, which IMHO was a mistake on HN's part, it could have been a hot forum, at leastat the time, nowadays.... maybe not so much.

In the case of the proposed African forum, I think HN pursuing it would be a mistake. IMHO, it just seems there aretoo manyunreconcilable differences with HN's core customers as mentioned earlier.

Generally, anyonewho has been over toAfrica a hunting.... may likely find themselves not fitting in very well here.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Its true that its up to those who run this outfit. I still think its worth a try. Many folks who post here have been to Africa and still enjoy ststside hunting as well. All hunters share many of the same traits regardless of where they hunt.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:15 PM
EKM
Typical Buck

"....Many folks who post here have been to Africa and still enjoy ststside hunting as well...."
Kindalike yourself?
Old 03-24-2008, 09:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

And here I thought I would actually find a thread about elephants.
I guess I should have known better. [&:]
The original topic was rather interesting.The rest of the drivel was about as petty as it gets.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:51 AM
Fork Horn

EKM, I think we get your point of view on this topic with Africa. You have some valid points though. No doubt. However, this is a hunting web site. There is hunting, and even big game hunting in Africa. I agree, not many people will have actual knowledge of Africa, but its still hunting, stillthere will be some people who have been to Africa to talk...Then the people who have been to Africa, can provide lots of info if they wish to all the other people who have not been to Africa..... At the very least, may provide to be entertaining to read. No one is forcing you to read the comments or threads of each topic. I see theres a fishing forum on this hunting web site. Also a religion, and politics, etc. I dont see where the problem is if people talk about Africa. This is a hunting web site and Africa does have hunting.

[/align]