Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Wolf Control ? Preditor control ? >

Wolf Control ? Preditor control ?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Wolf Control ? Preditor control ?

Old 12-30-2007, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Wolf Control ? Preditor control ?

Here's a small one I shot this September while moose hunting in central Alaska. Only bad thing was that I missed the black one that was with it.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:59 AM

Way to go buddy ! Thats a great looking wolf. Did you get a Moose ?
Old 12-31-2007, 08:47 AM

Dang that is one big canine! Put a whole pack of them together and they can raise some heck. I think they should be controlled just like any other game animal. I don't think they need to be wiped off the face of the earth like some, but certainly controlled.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:33 AM

They have been trying to bring back the wolfs here, but there are so many ranchers that they won't let them, and with the drought the deer and elk are already haveing a hard time.
Old 01-01-2008, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

We have been seeing them consistently in the Clearwater region in Idaho the last few years.Their population has far exceeded what was originally intended when they were reintroduced.No open season on them yet though.Surprise surprise,management from emotions instead of biology.
Old 01-01-2008, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

Hey guys I like to see pic of wolves . I want to hunt one bad. I hunted outside of bigriver on a deer hunt Isaw several wolves while hunting with clearwater adventure. Richard an ramona fargo. Do you guys know them.My Dad was in the stand an had a wolf chase down a 150 inch buck and drag him buy his neck all the way out to the road and the guide was driving by and saw the wolf in the road an scared it and it left the buck alone but the buck had blood all over it. I enjoyed being up in that country. If any of you guys live near big river who know of a farm that raises Wild boars send me a message please.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:48 AM
Typical Buck

I beieve in wolf controll just like moose control, elk etc. I like them hunted as a biggame animal as they deserve as much respect as any other wild animal. I am apposed to mass killing just so a few trophy hunters can have easier hunts.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:27 AM

You have to choose what you want . Wolves or Ungulates, can't have the best of both worlds...Man has logged and opened up habitat which creates Moose, Elk and Deer, then you have more food for wolves....a pack kill a Moose and week. 52 per year. Even small packs kill the same.
Old 01-01-2008, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

A bit oversimplified there i'm thinkin. And why do I have to choose. I've been in Northern BC my whole life and we always hads lots of both. Your argument would have us kill all our grizzlies to keep our deer. Bit like choppin off your nose to improve your face................

. Wolves or Ungulates, can't have the best of both worlds...Man has logged and opened up habitat which creates Moose, Elk and Deer, then you have more food for wolves....a pack kill a Moose and week. 52 per year. Even small packs kill the same.
[/quote]
Old 01-01-2008, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

who can offer a wolf hunt for a Bowhunter. With very good success rate.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.