Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Dangerous Game Photos: Warning! Graphic! >

Dangerous Game Photos: Warning! Graphic!

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Dangerous Game Photos: Warning! Graphic!

Old 12-31-2007, 01:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Dangerous Game Photos: Warning! Graphic!

Or to be killed by a tiger
Old 12-31-2007, 02:36 AM
Banned

look it up on snopes - I doubt its real
Old 12-31-2007, 07:40 AM
Dominant Buck

We have snakes in FL that swallow gators!
Old 12-31-2007, 11:29 AM
Dominant Buck

Remind me to postpone my next visit.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:21 PM
Dominant Buck

http://news.mongabay.com/2005/1005-gator.html
Old 12-31-2007, 06:25 PM
Fork Horn

nice gator or croc, whatever it is lol put the limbs of the human are a little grose
Old 01-01-2008, 12:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Pass the rolaids please.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:15 PM
EKM
Typical Buck

I saw the Everglades Burmese Python story a year or better ago I believe. Pretty creepy. Definitely would get the pulse rate up.
That said, I'll wade the Everglades long before I would do anything remotely similar in Africa.
Africa has got the statistics.... the Everglades has more imaginings than what it has counts.
================================================== =

Info #1 - Related to the origninal Killer Croc photos:

"As some of you know and as referenced in Bill C's post above, Buzz Charlton is in the States finishing the editing of his new video. They are still expecting to have the video out by the time of the shows in January. I was talking to Buzz yesterday about another subject and we got into a discussion of this thread (as well as the Dangerous Game episode involving the fellow that was gored by a buffalo and was damning in his silence about the PH). Anyway one part of the video is about croc hunting, shot placement on crocs, etc.

As you can imagine being right in the middle of a making a DVD on crocs and croc hunting, Buzz had plenty of information that I found interesting and thought I would share here. Here is what I understand:

1. It was the trackers son (identified by the tracker) found in the croc.

2. Croc was shot 4 days after the attack and is the acid in the croc’s stomach that made the body parts look white -- the pigmentation has been eaten away.

3. In the one photo that shows a bloody mass on the croc teeth, the PH’s second tracker said it was a human liver. They sort of thought nothing of it since they had not skinned the croc yet to discover what was inside.

4. Apparently, 2 years prior to this incident, in the same area, Buzz was guiding a hunt and in the first 6 days of the hunt 6 people were killed by crocs. In a 15 foot croc that Buzz shot they also found body parts but they were much more digested then the above.

5. The Chawalo area probably had the highest rate of man eating crocs in history, something like 30 confirmed in one season alone and it only has about 30 kilometers of Lake Caborabassa frontage.

6. The government wanted to declare the crocs vermin and have them killed on sight. The PH in the photos above, with the aid of certain SCI chapters and money generated by hunters, refurbished the ancient water systems that the Portuguese had in the area and there is now running water right through the town of Zumbo (the small village in this area). As a result, incidents of man eating crocs in this area are way down as people now are able to get water from taps.

7. Zumbo has an important place in history too. A lot of ivory shot in now Zambia and Centeral Africa was bought down the Luangwa River to Zumbo. It is, however, more infamous as a slave trading post. The old fig tree that the slaves were chained to during the slave auctions still stands in the middle of the town and the old remains of slave pits can be seen.

8. Also, while hunting there several years ago Buzz discovered an old convent that was still in relatively good condition despite the roof having been plundered by local villages. DVD should be pretty damn interesting IMHO.

Mike
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool."
================================================== =

Info #2 - From the same thread as the origninal Killer Croc photos:

"....A large croc took a plastic bucket out of one of our camp staff! He crushed it, and his teeth made holes in it. The bucket ended on a sand bar about 150 yards away.

A few days later, the camp staff took pots and pans, made such a racket, crossed the river, and retrieved the bucket! I have photos of the bucket, I will dig them out and post them on my hunt report.

At our camp this year, we had "camp crocs" come to feed every day right below where the camp was. There was a small area of the river which is semi-protected - no more than about 150 square feet. We tied meet down there and the crocs came to feed, together with some turtles.

We shot a 14.5 foot croc on what we called "paradise island". We had lunch there one day, and never saw a single croc. We put some bait, and the next day clobbered that one.

In Africa, one should NEVER forget that any minute can turn the tables, and one can end up as a tasty meal for something."
Old 01-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

OMG!
Old 01-02-2008, 07:56 PM

You don't need to go all the way to Africa to get eaten, just take a trip to your local zoo. You've got the recent tiger incident in San Francisco and the croc attack in a Tiawan zoo. You've probably already seen this pic: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article1645584.ece.

No surprise that there's big chunks of limbs in the stomach. The tactic is for them to grab their prey and drag 'em under to drown. After their prey is dead they grab a chunk and continually flip over in the water until a chunk breaks free, then they swallowthat chunkwhole. Sometimes they'll be stuck with a chunk hanging out of their mouth, waiting for what they've already eaten to digest so they can swallow the rest.

With appropriate wildlife management one day you may be able to get the same experience here in the States - skin your elk while looking over your shoulder for a bear or wolf. Probably won't run into any crocs in the high country though unless global warming hits really really big.

Quick Reply: Dangerous Game Photos: Warning! Graphic!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.