Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Ontario Bear Hunt

Old 10-28-2007, 03:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default Ontario Bear Hunt

I am wanting to book a fall black bear hunt in Ontario in the Fall of '08. Has anyone done this and any reccomendation on an outfitter would be great. I am wanting to stay between WaWa on the west and Sudbury in the east(large area).

Thanks
Jake
Old 10-29-2007, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ontario Bear Hunt

You're right! That's a big area with a lot of bears in it. And a lot of good outfitters in it including me. If you're an Ontario resident and I'm assuming you are because of the area you picked, you can come up here and hunt on your own and get a bear, which doesn't cost as much as booking a hunt. Of course if you are a non resident you would have to book a hunt. But like I said, if you are a resident, in the fall all you need is a rifle and some blueberries.
Old 10-29-2007, 04:57 PM
Fork Horn

Hi Darkside55

I knew I had read some posts by you. I couldn't remember your camp/resort. I am originally from Michigan, but live in Texas so I will be needing the assistance of a licensed guide. I was fishing this summer in the French River area, and I had spoken with a guide years ago up in the WaWa area. I spoke too the two different places and left messages with live people and no returned calls so business must be good. I would normally hunt black bear in Northern Michigan, but since I am now an out of state resident it is easier to get a tag in Ontario. Let me know where you are at/website. Do you accept only one hunter?

Thanks
Jake
Old 10-30-2007, 06:42 AM
Fork Horn

Sent you a PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:13 PM

I bowhunted moose in WMU 24 north of Kapuskasing, and we were overrun by bear. We saw somewhere between 7 and 10 if them, and we didn't want to see any. If you expand your parameters, that might be an area to research.

My second bowhunt for moose was at Golden Eagle Lodge in the Elk Lake area. They told us their bear hunters had gone 24 for 28, though only one was a large animal - something related to the warm weather. Apparently the big boys were hitting the baits at night.