Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

combination hunt?

Old 10-01-2007, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

Default combination hunt?

My friend and I are lookin to go on a combination mule deer and antelope rifle hunt what state does everyone recommend? And is there any states that you can buy the license over the counter or do you have to apply and get points to get a license? thanks for the help.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:36 PM

Default RE: combination hunt?

Im doing this exact thing in 08 in montana. they have a gauranteed mulie tag but its 1000+ dollars. antelope are draw only, but you usually have pretty good odds. i will be headin out with a reputable outfitter if i can get all the details worked out.
packin the rifle this trip porbably, bow will be taken no matter what if there is a follow up trip later on.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:29 PM
Typical Buck

Check online you should be able to find a hunt to match you perfectly.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:59 AM
Fork Horn

Like TEmbry15 said, Montana. Carl Mann's Outfitting has been doing the combo hunt for 20 years and is outstanding. He hunts on the Charles M.Russell around Fort Peck Lake. We've been 100% successful every trip. My pic is one of my mulies from there.
Old 10-03-2007, 06:22 AM
Fork Horn

300ultra, I couldn't return your pm. You've got that blocked. You can google search www.carlmannsoutfitting.com and it should take you to the page to reach his website. On his homepage, the antelope picture on the right is my buddy's from our last hunt. Carl runs a first class camp and there are more mule deerin that area than any other place I've hunted. 8.5 million acres of land is a LOT of land! Good Luck
Old 10-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm just over 2 weeks away from doing my combination hunt this year in Montana. This year I was lucky enough to draw a deer and antelope license on my own without having to buy one through an outfitter. They are a little less expensive that way. I grew up in Glasgowso I'm sticking to areas that I'm familiar with. I'll be hunting the CMR refuge north of the lake this year, there are plenty of deer and some nice ones but on average I would say the ones down around Broadus are a couple inches wider and taller IME. The Powder River area down by Broadus has some of the nicest mule deer in the country and plenty of speed goats as well. If I was paying for an outfitter that's probably where I would go.

That's my 2 cents. Nathan