Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Primos Sonic Dome

Old 08-15-2007, 05:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Primos Sonic Dome

I've used the Imperial and the Hyper plate doubles with ease and success. I picked up a Sonic Dome today, and it is really hard to blow and doesn't seem to fit well. I'll be sticking to the Imperial and the Hyper plate. Anyone else tried the Sonic Dome yet? What did you think?
Old 08-15-2007, 09:06 PM

Default RE: Primos Sonic Dome

Luckydog, I have had the same experience. The hyper and imperial plates work great for me, but I can't get any sound out of the sonic dome. My friend, however, is the exact opposite. He does well with the sonic dome but can't use the other ones. I guess the best explaination I can come up with is that different people's mouths are shaped differently. I still seems weird to me though.
Old 08-15-2007, 09:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is weird. I came straight home from work today and went right to my call box. I wanted to make sure it was the call and not me! Thank goodness I could still call! I still have a ton of faith in the Primos products, I just won't use the Sonic. Come on August the 25th!!!!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

My understanding is the dome calls are for people who have trouble with call placement, or have arched/high palets. It fixes the shape/position, if that fixed position doesn't fit you, it won't work.

I will probably try them, i have to use youth calls because I have a high and narrow pallet, full sized calls bend down along the roof of my mouth, actually all the way onto my teeth.
Old 08-16-2007, 07:48 AM
Typical Buck

The sonic dome calls & mini dome calls are a bust for most hunters. Sure if you force them on yourself you'll get sounds out of them but for comfort & great fit, they don't have it. Primos sent me 2-doz to try out of all of them, I respectfully wrote them & said they were not user friendly at all, most new hunters would shy away from mouth reeds if they felt most were like them, fortunately most are not!

Bob, the Mini Master is the only narrow designed palate plate call I know of that fits high narrow pallets. You can see them on our Site, they're made by Rockie as well, very good calls!

ElkNut1