Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 To high of a pitch with power bugle >

To high of a pitch with power bugle

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

To high of a pitch with power bugle

Old 08-21-2007, 06:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: To high of a pitch with power bugle

Well seems I have made a HUGE breakthrough with this. For awhile there, the harder I tried the worse it got, went from high pitched to just disgusting sounding.

Last night was the breakthrough, turns out I was trying to hard, or rather, blowing to hard trying to get loud I guess.

Had the house to myself for a few hours last night and after hitting the driving range to work on getting rid of the slice (finally the swing changes seem to be comfortable), I then shot the bow for 1/2 hour and finally sat down with my two bugles (picked up a "free" pack bugle from primos for renewing Eastmans bowhunting journal), plugged in an elk hunting video and just tried to sound like them.

The break through came when I just started cow calling with the pack bugle, then went a LITTLE louder the pitch changed into almost a bugle, then a bit harder and WHAM a great sounding bugle.

Kept working on it and can bugle, change pitch and volume mid bugle and even work in a bit of a groan and chuckles at the end of the bugle. Figured, hey, on a roll, so I picked up the power bugle and tried the same approach. While I still have problems with the chuckles, the bugle itself is like night and day from what it had been.

To good to be true, figured I'd push my luck and move to the diaphram (actually one of my turkey calls). Same approach, started with cow call volume and worked up from there. Again, great sounding.

Seems I hit a major breakthrough and confidence is again climbing.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good for you Bob! Confidence and practice is important in everything we do. How soon do you get to hunt? Come on August the 25th for me!
Old 08-21-2007, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Colorado Luckydog

Good for you Bob! Confidence and practice is important in everything we do. How soon do you get to hunt? Come on August the 25th for me!
Fly to Spokane on Thursday Sept 20th, show upcamp in ID on 21, hunt from 22-28, then head home the 29th. Wife is coming as well so hopefully we come home with lots of meat!
Old 08-21-2007, 06:05 PM

which part of Idaho are you hunting?
Brett
Old 08-22-2007, 06:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting with an outfitter based in Elk River ID, hunting I think areas 8A and 10A. Last time I went my elk came out of the Palousse zone.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:35 PM

Cool good luck.....
Brett