Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Trail cam picture of mountain lion in SC >

Trail cam picture of mountain lion in SC

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Trail cam picture of mountain lion in SC

Old 07-15-2007, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trail cam picture of mountain lion in SC

Just google up mule deer images

You'll see that rump belongs to a muley.

those deer don't exist in the wild in SC.

This pic has been around. It is fake.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:59 PM

Default RE: Trail cam picture of mountain lion in SC

I will say this much, lions do toy with deer, it keeps them in the game. They will kill for fun after awhile.
Brett
Old 09-10-2015, 08:08 PM
Spike

Default I personal seen a big cat

I got a call from my girlfriend at work and she went to go feed our puppies outside in dalzell outskirts of sumter sc and she seen a big brown cat that was about 20 yards from her and she ran back inside and called dnr who said its probably a land cougar. DNR said they don't stay in the same spot long and when I got home I was kinda like yeah right well I go to the bathroom and she yells its another one. I stand up and there is a junkyard behind my house and I see a medium size cat sitting on a white junk car about 3 foot tall. I run to get my gun and by the time I get outside its gone. I walk up to the car and there was footprints on the car where the cat was. And a few nights before I heard a wierd noise in the woods sounded like a cat but its not no meow sound but you could tell it was a cat. A week later a co-worker tells me he heard something like I did in the woods by his house. Sounds likes a cat fighting noise or somekind of call they make, but do not let dnr fool everybody they know there here.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe it was the land Shark? It can strike anywhere, any time! It can disguise it's voice too! And it usually preys on young women.
Old 09-10-2015, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it is a Florida Panther that wandered north, be advised it is a $50,000 fine and up to a year in jail for shooting one (federal). Not the type of thing you'd want to advertise if it did happen.

They can cover a lot of territory, there are regular stories about the odd Cougar showing up many hundreds of miles from their home range.
Old 09-11-2015, 03:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Why do people feel the need to recycle pictures that have been in the internet for years and try to pass them off as legitimate? I have seen that picture at least a dozen times over the years, each time trying to be sold as a current picture by the poster or posters friend. I have to wonder if those who post the picture in the east don't know the difference between a Mule deer which that is and a Whitetail as others have pointed out As far as black cougars, there are none, there never have been. There are black leopards and black jaguars but there has never been any record of a black cougar.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 09-11-2015 at 04:24 AM. Reason: extra word
Old 09-11-2015, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Won't be long before somebody starts advertising the sale of a Jackelope farm.
Old 09-11-2015, 05:09 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yep Chris you got snowballed. That pic could not have been taken in SC. AS the others said that deer is a mule deer and they don't reside in SC.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am sure Chris figured that out back in 2007. If not we got alot of convincing to do.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by olsaltydog
I am sure Chris figured that out back in 2007. If not we got alot of convincing to do.
Yeah, kind of funny how all these old posts keep getting dug up by new posters isn't it?

Quick Reply: Trail cam picture of mountain lion in SC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.