Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Murder in Colorado Nat'l forest >

Murder in Colorado Nat'l forest

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Murder in Colorado Nat'l forest

Old 06-27-2007, 04:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Murder in Colorado Nat'l forest

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_5605355,00.html

I don't know if this belongs here,but some of us argue about packing a gun while hunting,hikeing,and recreating.

Truly tragic and I send my prayers to the family and freinds of this young lady.

BBJ
Old 06-27-2007, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Murder in Colorado Nat'l forest

Unfortunantly, 4 legged critters are not the only reason I carry when in the brush! Sad, but you got a darn good sheriff working this!Hope they
burn the guy!
Dan
Old 06-27-2007, 11:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

couple years ago a couple were shot to death by a teenager with an AK-47 while camping in our national forest.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is sad.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:35 AM

It's extremely unfortunate.But I can't help but believe that trajedy's are going to happen, no matter how much we think we are prepared for those unforseen circumstances. Yet when we hear or read about these things, we still try and figure some way of avoiding them.

What do you do?

Whe the family is out on some ATV ride, or sitting around the camp fire, there's a gun handy. You don't like it, you don't want to be that way, but you have it just in case. Who's to say that if she had had a gun that the perp wouldn't have used it on her.

What the hell is the matter with some people? I say we need greater deterent by inflicting legal and guaranteedpunishments in unforgiving prisons in an appeals free legal system. Or something similar.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

Who's to say that if she had had a gun that the perp wouldn't have used it on her.
In this case it obviously makes no differance if he would have used the gun on her causeshe is still dead with out the gun.

At least she would have had the right tool(s) to defend her life against someone like this.Maybe having a visible gun on her hip would have detered the psycho from messing with her in the first place.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

I ALWAYS carry a fire arm while in the outdoors. It's not because of the four legged critters mind you it's because of incedents like this.I had a confrontation with a guy a few years ago and will never go out without a sidearm again.

This was a very unfortunate deal. They caught the guy but not before he gave the second girl a ride back to her truck. Fortunatly enough a park ranger pulled up and the possible second victim was saved from an uncertain death.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:53 PM
Fork Horn

Latest out on this, dude had done hard time in Kansas for 2d degree murder.....you never know whats under the bushes.Open carry is legal in Colorado and CCW's are easy to get.For years, we have never gone to brush without a side arm! I pray to God I never have to use one.....still....
Dan

Old 06-28-2007, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Some crazy folks out there...but a gun is not always going to save you. If you carry a gun in the outdoors to,protect yourself...then why not just around town everyday....more bad stuff happens in your neighborhood everyday.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:25 AM
Fork Horn

http://hobbes.ncsa.uiuc.edu/onsheepwolvesandsheepdogs.html

Here is aexcerpt that sheds light on this unfortunate situation that we now live in. It is a shame that we live in the most modern civilized country in the world and have this sort of crime. Punishment should be so severe that the thought of it would make someone on the edge of committing such crimes nauseous at the thought. That WOULD deter most! The rest need to be hunted down like the predators that they are and shot on site. At least there would not be the multitudes of repeat offenders. That would cull out this sort of sickness from our society and us law abiding citizens wouldn't have to pay the millions of dollars that it takes to incarcerate those scum of the earth.

Quick Reply: Murder in Colorado Nat'l forest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.