HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   A picture of you in your "big game" territory! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/182968-picture-you-your-big-game-territory.html)

Fuzzyballs44 03-02-2007 09:33 PM

A picture of you in your "big game" territory!

Hey...it's always great to have a face with a name. I am new to this forum, but love the fact that I finally found a forum that I can relate and I know a little something to help out the community. I'm going to post a picture of me in my "big game" range and hopefully some of you will follow suit. Doesn't have to be a kill picture...just a picture of you in your home territory hunting!

This is at 6400 ft about 40 miles south of St. Maries Idaho on October 14th 2006. We were on our to the trail head where we would start at about 12 noon, pack in a mile and a half to hunt until dark, then meet up and pack the mile and a half out by flashlight and GPS in a group. I saw a 6x5 bull that afternoon, but I couldn't get an ethical shot. My stalk on the animal certainly made it an incredible hunt though!

LETS HEAR YOUR STORY! I AM SURE THERE ARE POST LIKE THIS DONE BEFORE...BUT I'M NEW AND WANT TO GET TO KNOW THIS COMMUNITY! I can tell you some good high mountain/rocky mountain experiences in trade for allowing me to learn from all of your experiences!

Hiawatha 03-02-2007 09:50 PM

RE: A picture of you in your "big game" territory!

huntnmuleys 03-02-2007 10:21 PM

huntin for elk in the high country

Fuzzyballs44 03-03-2007 12:33 PM

All this does is make we want to go hunting in other places. =(

elkbane 03-03-2007 03:52 PM

Here's a picture from last fall. Hunting elknear Big Sky, Montana.

BrushChimp 03-03-2007 04:59 PM

Here is SW Washington with Mt. Rainier on the right of the photo..

This one is a pic of the little tiny town I live in from up in the hills. So you can see that I have hunting spots literally right out my back door, lol..

Fuzzyballs44 03-03-2007 05:37 PM

Hey, what ski resort is in the background there elkbane?

Thats some wicked cool country dude.

Fuzzyballs44 03-03-2007 05:40 PM

Wow....brush you live a dream of most the guys on here!

Hiawatha 03-03-2007 05:47 PM

I find it interesting how elk can adapt to these different habitats. Obviously my land is very different from you mountain boys yet our elk pop is growing unreal fast.

Fuzzyballs44 03-03-2007 10:20 PM

Elk were originally flat land grazers...but they have been pushed to the hills and have adapted extremely well! I would love to trade a hunt with someone like you. I will take you to some elk if you can get me one of those world class bucks that you all are famous for up in Saskie! hahaha

~Cam

This pic is the little north fork of the Coeur D' Alene River....dang good fly fishing in there!