Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILY...OF HUNTERS... >

DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILY...OF HUNTERS...

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILY...OF HUNTERS...

Old 12-30-2009, 07:39 PM
Spike

Oh, that's bad. Families should'nt be like that.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:29 AM
Spike

I don't think there is anything wrong with stating varying opinions, but it needs to be done respectfully. Name calling or putting someone down for their style of hunting just shows the poster's ignorance.

We do all need to stick together and get more youngsters involved! That doesn't mean we can't disagree, just do so in a respectful way.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by clint802
We should definitely stick together.

Americans are systematically advocating, legislating, and voting away each others rights and choices. Support all user groups and we'll all quit losing opportunities! "United We Stand, Divided We Will Fall!
Old 05-25-2010, 01:05 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Fuzzyballs44
I'm new to these forums, but I'm not new to the woods/hunting culture by any means.

In my 25 years I have spent thousands of hours in the rockies....and thousands more wishing I was on the mountain.

What I don't understand is why members of my culture are turning on each other. When we criticize our family"™s methods, all we are doing is giving our ultimate enemies who include the anti-hunters/extremist activists/pro-wolf/anti-gun ammunition to throw back at us and hurt us.

Instead of pointing the finger at each other, we need to understand that even though we personally would not want to perform certain practices, like baiting or hound hunting, we will stand behind our brothers and sisters that do because our passions are the same.

I do believe we should discuss things and opinions in our development and maintenance as a community....but I do not believe that we should attack one another with non-constructive verbal bashings. If we continue battles among ourselves with this non-constructive fighting, we can expect to get flanked and taken down in our weekend state by the extremists that want us shut down!

We are hunters because it is a way of our life. We live for the crisp autumn air slipping through our nostrils as we watch the first light creep over the mountain top which reveals a peaceful doe nibbling her way down to a turning and bubbling stream.

We are fighting the hardest battle sportsmen have ever encountered right now. The reason that the wolf got slipped in under our noses is because of the lack of education behind hunting and the lack of solid support from the entire hunting community.

I am ashamed and truly sorry that I attacked a family member when he expressed his ideas....I'm sorry for this Andrew (see the post about baiting bears) and I can assure you that I will stand behind you because you are a fellow hunter. However, I feel that you too should adjust your comments to form constructive conflict instead of accusing your brothers and sisters of being lazy or unethical in their practices.

We need to stand together and look our adversaries in the eyes....knowing full well that we will support each other as a community and family through everything we are fighting right now. I havea deep and richlove for and respect for the animals and the vast terrain I call my back yard. Because my passion and love for hunting is so strong; I also love my huge family of hunters that are scattered around this amazing country! We share the same culture and I am honored to be a part of so much experience and so many life changing stories from the hunting community. From forums, small town cafes, local sporting good stores to the shooting range; we all have something to respect and learn from each other. If you don't realize this, then you should be ashamed of yourself. If you attack another hunter, you should realize you are hurting our entire family.

We may be dysfunctional, but we need to stand arm in arm in the up and coming battles....or we will all have to turn to a life without something most of us can't see us living without!
find deerfear.com, it will answer all about this.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:43 PM
Spike

Blood is thicker than water. Hunters are my family and no one better mess with any of them or I will fight to the death. But I tend to disagree with my fellow brothers on things and that is ok. But in a disagreement I keep it civil. If I get mad I had probably keep my mouth shut until I have my thoughts planned out. This goes for anything anytime anywhere. Respect is key to survival.
Old 12-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by tsoc
Well said!
I was told if you don't have something nice to say ,don't say anything.Some people were never taught this when they were young.Then there are people that have no respect for anyone.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Spike

Hello,

I am also new here, but I agree I am not new to the woods. It is a big world out there but all of us hunters have something in common and that is we love to hunt and we are all after a trophy animal!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:27 AM
Spike

Default thats right,

Originally Posted by Fuzzyballs44
I'm new to these forums, but I'm not new to the woods/hunting culture by any means.

In my 25 years I have spent thousands of hours in the rockies....and thousands more wishing I was on the mountain.

What I don't understand is why members of my culture are turning on each other. When we criticize our family"™s methods, all we are doing is giving our ultimate enemies who include the anti-hunters/extremist activists/pro-wolf/anti-gun ammunition to throw back at us and hurt us.

Instead of pointing the finger at each other, we need to understand that even though we personally would not want to perform certain practices, like baiting or hound hunting, we will stand behind our brothers and sisters that do because our passions are the same.

I do believe we should discuss things and opinions in our development and maintenance as a community....but I do not believe that we should attack one another with non-constructive verbal bashings. If we continue battles among ourselves with this non-constructive fighting, we can expect to get flanked and taken down in our weekend state by the extremists that want us shut down!

We are hunters because it is a way of our life. We live for the crisp autumn air slipping through our nostrils as we watch the first light creep over the mountain top which reveals a peaceful doe nibbling her way down to a turning and bubbling stream.

We are fighting the hardest battle sportsmen have ever encountered right now. The reason that the wolf got slipped in under our noses is because of the lack of education behind hunting and the lack of solid support from the entire hunting community.

I am ashamed and truly sorry that I attacked a family member when he expressed his ideas....I'm sorry for this Andrew (see the post about baiting bears) and I can assure you that I will stand behind you because you are a fellow hunter. However, I feel that you too should adjust your comments to form constructive conflict instead of accusing your brothers and sisters of being lazy or unethical in their practices.

We need to stand together and look our adversaries in the eyes....knowing full well that we will support each other as a community and family through everything we are fighting right now. I havea deep and richlove for and respect for the animals and the vast terrain I call my back yard. Because my passion and love for hunting is so strong; I also love my huge family of hunters that are scattered around this amazing country! We share the same culture and I am honored to be a part of so much experience and so many life changing stories from the hunting community. From forums, small town cafes, local sporting good stores to the shooting range; we all have something to respect and learn from each other. If you don't realize this, then you should be ashamed of yourself. If you attack another hunter, you should realize you are hurting our entire family.

We may be dysfunctional, but we need to stand arm in arm in the up and coming battles....or we will all have to turn to a life without something most of us can't see us living without!
YOU are so right, everyone should read this and read some of the others i have read in this thread if more people would do as said in this letter and other letters in this thread the better the outdoor people would be with the up in the air ones that don't know what side of the fence they are on, lets get them on our side of the fence. happy hunting to all however you hunt.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:14 AM
Spike

Just a quick note from across the Atlantic,

You have the strongest hunting cuilture in the World and some of the best hunting too!

We English threw it away by distancing the shooting community from the rest of the general public and thus left ourselves weak against attact.

We had no single voice to make our defence heard and whilst we drank tea and grumbled about how things seem to be changing, the liberty of hand guns and fox hunting etc was already taken from under ourt feet.

in short, stay together, alway think of the public perception of your actions and keep you eyes pealed. we had a "Pro" hunting organisatoin try support a ban on Lead shot and rearing pheasants right under the noses of its members!

anyway, all the best and Keep hunting!

P.S: I am keen to swap any of my private UK wing or rifle hunting for US Elk, Deer or Bear experience with a hunter who can share the culture of this hunt rather than just the pulling of the trigger. I also work in hunting.
Old 05-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Spike

i totally agree united we stand

Quick Reply: DYSFUNCTIONAL FAMILY...OF HUNTERS...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.