Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Outdoor Writer, Jim Zumbo

Old 02-23-2007, 09:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Outdoor Writer, Jim Zumbo

ORIGINAL: Idaho hunter 58

I really don't care what anyone has to say about anything, if they can't even spell our past president's last name correctly, Clinton.
Uh-oh... You probably really won't like me when I talk about Kalifornia.

I'm perfectly capable of spelling it correctly. I probably spell as well, or better, than you. Occasionally, I use the "K" as political commentary. It is my first amendment right to do so. If you don't like it, tough.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Typical Buck

30 min ago the NRA came out and cut their ties with Jim Zumbo. Seems this snowball is heading straight to h.ell for Jim. But for a few choice words this wouldn't have happend. I somehow dont think allying himself withthe Tedster is gonna stop this mess he's created.

Sorta reminds me of the big US Outiftters stink a few yrs back when they sued to get more non-res tags ( read : profits)for AZ and NM. Unfortunately that case went to the highly leftist 9th Circuit and the states lost. Realtree droppedUSO like a hot potatoe after being on tv shows for years. Now it's hard to find their website. ( sorry for the walk down bad memory lane but these celebs never learn) ...
Old 02-23-2007, 07:30 PM

ok, so i guess i've been living under a rock, what exactly did Zumbo say? i tried looking it up on Outdoor life but they pulled it. i'm guessing it has to do with asult rifles, terrorists, and banning but can someone piece it together
Old 02-24-2007, 11:21 AM

Here'a a link to an article on the subject in the Washington Post: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/02/23/AR2007022301709.html

While its interesting that the brush-up has made it as far as the Washington Post, its disappointing, though not surprising, that the article comments on thedistinction between traditional hunting rifles and "assault weapons" and not providing balanced information that many others perceive that the difference is fairly small, and with some definitions of "assault weapon" strictly cosmetic.