Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Brady Campaign on Jim Zumbo.... >

Brady Campaign on Jim Zumbo....

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Brady Campaign on Jim Zumbo....

Old 02-19-2007, 09:31 PM
CG

Default Brady Campaign on Jim Zumbo....

He now, in the eyes of a lot of Americans, represents us all.....

This is straight from their website as of today.....

"Even Remington's top gun writer agrees on Assault Weapons
With important writers such as this on our side, it is clear that we have a cultural imperative to remove dangerous terrorist rifles from our streets, and our woods.

Jim Zumbo is a writer for the prestigious Outdoor Life magazine and represents the views of America's true sportsmen."

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=885089 69&blogID=231738183&MyToken=db6e55d7-ed66-4e11-b8ca-c8adcd5819b1
Old 02-20-2007, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Brady Campaign on Jim Zumbo....

Good Gosh.

That didn't take long. Way to go Jimbo. You don't need your foot in your mouth, you need your whole leg. And while I am on it, you need my foot broken off in your #$$.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:29 AM

Well I'll never read outdoor life again or watch Zumbos hunting show. His opinion is just fuel for the anti-gunners. If you want to hunt with an AR-15 or a bow and arrow or a 50 BMG for that matter, its your choice not our Governments.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:04 PM

That is exactly the kind of thing I would expect. Jim should have known that the anti's would pick this up and run with it. I'm sure he's got his head in his hands wondering what in the world he's got himself into. But, as they say, the spit has already hit the fan. What he said was absolutely uninformed and borderline negligent! As a gun writer you would think that he would have more sense! I will forgive because its the christian thing to do, but I will never forget. I just hope that the damage can be negated! Join the NRA if you haven't already.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Brady's are a bunch of (---------). How would a states hunting regulations keep these types of guns off the streets. I believe what Jimbo was trying to say was a hunting regulation ban. Most states already ban this in some form (autoloading rifle with a magazine capacity greater than 4 or 5 shots) You might be able to buy a smaller magazine for most of them, but I don't know.

Heck, how would a federal law keep them off of the streets. (Oh wait) It won't and never will. These people just don't get it.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:43 PM
Typical Buck

In GA in themid-80'sguys hunted with m16's and AK's and such. No one minded or took notice and it wasnt illegal. Now this controversy. Funny thingZumbo didnt say how archery has no place in modern hunting, or black powder has no place. I think this whole thing will end up on CNN and it will be more controversy to the general detriment of hunting. It's the NIMBY thing all over. Archers dont like riflemen, riflemen dont like BP hunters, etc etfc ad infinitum. But the general goup of hunters doesnt see how DIVISIVE this whole debate thing is that Zumbonehead has brought up. The Clintonista's are gonna love this sh.t
Old 02-21-2007, 07:36 AM
Typical Buck

WhatI want to know is how in the world someone of Jim's backround has never been around someoneshooting prarie dogs, plinking or small game hunting with one of the rifles descibed? Then to make those comments? Not good. The thing that cracks me up about so called assualt rifles is allthe weapon is aauto loadingrifle with a handle! If i take my Browning BAR and have the gunsmith shorten the barrel and weld a handle on it is it an assualt rifle? It would be just as accurate before the mods as it would be after.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can someone post a current link to Zumbo's comments? They were taken down before I got a chance to read it.
Thanks.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:50 AM

There are no links anymore. Outdoor life removed it from their website. I can try to recap for you. He was blogging aboutthe use of semi auto rifles for varmint shooting. He said that someone had mentioned to him how popular the AR15 style rifles were becoming. He went on a rant about how stupid they were and went as far as to call them "terrorist weapons". Very stupid and uneducated in my opinion.
Old 02-22-2007, 09:05 PM

http://blog.kingsoutdoorworld.com/2007/02/21/jim-zumbo-in-hot-water-for-ar-ak-rifle-comments

Quick Reply: Brady Campaign on Jim Zumbo....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.