Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

killed a wolf

Old 01-20-2007, 01:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: killed a wolf

If you're Canadian, where it's legal to shot wolves, then clarify that and the whole thing is over. If he lives in the U.S., "Cervidslayer", then it's unfortunately not a local or even state matter. Unfortunately, federal law currently prevents almost any killing of wolves and none I know of by private citizens not licensed and authorized to do so. If you live in the U.S. and take such a risk, don't brag about it. You're asking for a visit from someone with a badge and warrant. It's pretty straightforward.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:34 AM

I would just say that you're not really respecting nature and move on.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

You wouldn't happen to be the guy that had a bar shut down as a crime scene just north of here would ya, Someone turned him in for having a wolf tail in the back of his pickup.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:42 AM

First off I live in Pa. where there are no wolves or elk around here ,but I could be in alaska were the tags are free or$30 apiece,[depends on unit]and I can shoot all I wanted. I just wanted yourreaction on killing a wolf .If I was an alaskan would that change your opinion of me .How many tree hugging anti hunters are on this site.It's hard to believe that if you are on one side of a geographical line on the earth youcould be hung and the other side crowned for doing the same thing .Thanks for all your opinions and advice.

[/align]
Old 01-20-2007, 12:09 PM

I'd say "nice shooting Tex!, here is a shovel"
Old 01-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why would you even open a thread like this.ive been on here less than a year,and ive got my own opinions of wolves and coyotes.But ther always seems to be a thread about wolves in the works.No two areas are the same,and some unhealthy overpopulations do exist.But it sounds like some folks are just stirring up the pot.To be honest with you,Youre making hill folk sound stupid.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

First off I live in Pa. where there are no wolves or elk around here
Where abouts in Pa, 'cause there certainly are both running around in that state, not many, but some.

Back to the starter question, I would probably be torn between the two concepts of intelligentbehavior and breaking the law, of course there is always the option that you shot it in "Alaska", isn't there?!
Old 01-20-2007, 06:38 PM

What if I were to tell you hunting predatory animals is most selfish thing a hunter can do, unless they are thining out an over populated species.

What goes around comes around, you don't eat them, why kill them? Just your local tree hugging opinion.

And for your whining about the law: It's legal to hunt lions in Africa, why not go to your local zoo and shoot the first lion you see...You gonna let some geographical line stop you?
Old 01-20-2007, 07:56 PM

ORIGINAL: RegimentalStalker175

What if I were to tell you hunting predatory animals is most selfish thing a hunter can do, unless they are thining out an over populated species.

What goes around comes around, you don't eat them, why kill them? Just your local tree hugging opinion.

And for your whining about the law: It's legal to hunt lions in Africa, why not go to your local zoo and shoot the first lion you see...You gonna let some geographical line stop you?
Someone has obviously never tried to sneak a gun into the zoo... way harder than you would think, especially a shotgun!

I can see your point, however I also see and understand the views of those in favor of thinning the local wolf/coyote population. I've had the unfortunate luck of watching a coyote run off a nice buck that had been walking in my direction. I've also had the misfortune of knowing a buddy whose 20lb beagle ended up on the wrong end of a battle with a coyote. I helped him find that coyote, lure it in, and then watched him get even for Shivers. It's easy to say that you shouldn't shoot coyotes/other predators when you've never known someone who's lost a pet to them much like it's easy to have no problem with child molesters living by schools until you've known someone who's kid was a victim of theirs.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:56 PM

ORIGINAL: RegimentalStalker175

What goes around comes around, you don't eat them, why kill them?

Well here is a pic of a yote I shot last week.....I use the fur if you need a reason.......although you shouldn't, just being able/getting to hunt no matter what it is you are hunting is a good anough reason to go hunting even if unsuccesful. As for the "geographical line stopping you" THE BARS WILL STOP ME! and the guys with badges. Now seeing how the yellowstone park boundery(geographical line) didn't stop the wolves from leaving which accomplished the plan of "making yellowstone what it once was" but also changing other areas of the US(ex. a wolf from the yellowstone project was found dead on a railroad track in Utah) which shows how far they can and will spread. Bottom line we need to Control them, NOT ELIMINATE them, and with the govs slow reaction time to this growing problem people are starting to take things into their own hands. What I think they should do is set up a quta system in which every area has its own limit and everyone can buy a tag and the season closes when the quta is met...just like the mt. hunt here with mandatory reporting after a kill, just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: killed a wolf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.