Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Mule Deer vs. White tail

Old 01-18-2007, 12:46 AM

Default RE: Mule Deer vs. White tail

Muleys hand down... I love the wide open country and also the high mountain peaks..Both scenarios offer some great hunting and incredible challenges. I hunt whitetails yearly in Virginia and this year I am headed to Manitoba for whitetails but my preference will always be the big wide racks and the white rumps of the big mulies!
Old 01-18-2007, 05:49 AM
Fork Horn

high desert mulies...they little guys aren't hard to find but the big daddy mulie can be almost impossible to find when he doesn't want to be found

Old 01-22-2007, 12:46 PM
Fork Horn

Whitetails aresomewhat smarter it seems to me. We have both on our land and it is a lot tougher to get a whitetail. They are more of a challenge so I like to hunt them. Plus, whitetail rackscan get a lotmore unique than a mulie.
Old 01-22-2007, 12:58 PM

Muley's I guess, kinda hard to decide. I like the spot and stalk style of hunting, better that sitting in the stand... I guess. Although sitting in the stand isn't that bad though.
Old 01-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Fork Horn

I will have to say whitetails just because I love to know that I did the work put in the time and fooled that buck into 12 yards..I put up the stand, found the area, fooled the nose,eyes,ears and the amazing 6th sense of that buck...Not saying that you cant do that with mulies and stalking is a blast but just not the same for me..But then again I am in whitetail country not muly country...
Old 01-22-2007, 04:45 PM

i would deffinitly go for whitetail because it a tradition in my family and has been for years and theres nothin like some juicey thick whitetail backstrap!!!
Old 01-22-2007, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Count me in for big mulie bucks. I like the challenge of covering miles looking for that one depresion in the ground that the big boy likes to lay in day after day. Nothing like trying to find an old hermit buck that has surpassed his breeding years and wants to be left alone in the most god forsaken country a hunter can ever walk into!!!! In big buck country, you wont have to weed through the forkies to find what you are looking for....
Old 01-22-2007, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have both species here and have gotten both but it depends if you want antlers or good eatin meat. I don't want a mulie unless its a massive rack. The whitetail is more challengeing to persue and better eating also. I would just rather hunt whitetails, but to each their own.

Bobby
Old 01-24-2007, 07:46 PM

i would rather hunt mule deer b/c they are more of a challenge to get a nice buck . Usually hunting mule deer involves hunting in mountainous regions of the western united states using spot and stalk methods. whitetail just involves sitting in a tree stand over a food plot.mule deer is my choice. Tied with mule deer would be blacktail deer.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:32 PM
Typical Buck

For me, whitetails hands down. I passed up a 150-class 6x5 muley this year and wound up with an ugly overaged 110-class 3x3 whitetail. If the two were standing side by side, I'd shoot the whitetail.

I may get in on an exclusive muley hunt this season, where B&C class animals are possible. My holdout line will be B&C, anything smaller and I would enjoy the sight and pass. I'd rather have a crack at a 130 whitetail than an almost B&C muley. That's just me.

Quick Reply: Mule Deer vs. White tail

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.