Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Have you ever found a Knife or other gear while on the hunt? >

Have you ever found a Knife or other gear while on the hunt?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Have you ever found a Knife or other gear while on the hunt?

Old 11-27-2006, 08:30 AM

Default RE: Have you ever found a Knife or other gear while on the hunt?

Nice job on returning the wallet, not many would do that did he seem thankful?
Old 11-27-2006, 09:38 AM

ORIGINAL: younggun243

ORIGINAL: pintailhomes

Found a 2000 Jeep Wrangler with the keys in it on my land in the middle of nowhere a couple years ago...so I took that.
For all you know, it could've been stolen.
Could have been, although the 3 trespassers where not hiding very well. I let the Sheriff sort it out.
Old 11-27-2006, 10:53 AM
Typical Buck

Well a few years ago I lost a Buck 119 knife near Bonderant Wyoming, about 13 miles from the trailhead.It was a family heirloom. I have been all broken up about it since I lost it.......JK elkslayer338.

I've lost a few knives, radios, cartridges, and have found the same things. I once had a guy leave a note on my truck that said he had lost a knife and left his phone number. I didn't find the knife but if I did I would have been happy to call and return the knife to him.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: elkslayer338

Nice job on returning the wallet, not many would do that did he seem thankful?
Yea, he was pretty happy about getting his stuff back, especially his ID and credit cards. Offered me some $$$. Decent guy.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

I found a Swedish made knife with a stag handle near a gut pile one year. Its a very good knife. I have had it now for about tweny years.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:17 PM
DM

Over the years, i've lost a few things and found a few things, but my buddys story is better than anything that's happened to me!

His wife had given him a diveing watch with lots of gold nuckets on the band as a wedding aniversary present. She paid quite a bit for it and he sure loved that watch. He wore it all the time, he probably slept with it!!

One day he was fishing in the Kenai River (in Alaska) a couple miles upstream from the ocean. (he lived on the banks of the river) He was casting outof his anchored boat and the band broke with thewatch flying far out into the river! Man, he was heart broken and spent a LOT of time casting for it with a weighted trebble hook trying to get it back... This went on for many trips, hours and hours on end, but no luck and winter set in. He swore all winter he would get it back in the spring and told me that many times!

This part of the river has heavy tides every day, and lots of ice goes out of the river when the tide goes out... As spring came and all the ice went out of the river, he was back at it casting for that watch!!! One day in he came by, with the watch on!!! He finally hooked it after all those months of tides and ice!!! He proudly told me, "you know, that damn watch only moved 20 yards from where i lost it last fall!!".... I about fell over!!!

BTW, it was still was working perfectly and had the right time with some minor scratches on the crystal!!

DM
Old 11-27-2006, 09:28 PM

That is just to damm cool he had to feel great with that catch of the day!

Old 11-28-2006, 02:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lets see I found a nice pair of Nikon Binoc's on the side of a logging road,and I still use them.I found a pair of 12x50 Pentax's on the trail ride into elk camp.I found two rifles leaning on the fence post next to a county road.I found a nice hand tooled leather cartrige case full of .338 win mag rounds.I found a .22 mag pistol in a creek,I found a .38 spl revolver in the Missouri river(gave that one to the police).I was wishing one day I had a belt cause my woolie pants kept slipping down,got to the trail head and someone had left their belt with a nice gerber hand tool.
Now I have lost a tackle box complete with 20 yrs of tackle.Had got stuck on a logging road,walked out and got help from some passing by hunters.In the heat of the moment when all the work was done,I had left my pack and brand new rifle in their truck.Complete with a Nikon scope,2 kershaw knives,leatherman,wallet,tags,money,credit cards,hand made knife and hatchet,wyoming saw and 20 rounds of 300 RUM plus other gear.Never saw them again.Lost a .357 Ruger blackhawk out of the holster while trying to tame a blow-up on the trail with 4 horses(never saw it again either).
SoI figure I'm about even.
BBJ
Old 11-28-2006, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

This is an honest to goodness story that happened to me a few years ago.I found an initialed gold ring with a saphire in the middlewhile bass fishingin thecenterof a lake that drained out about 20 years prior. The lake had some ponds in the middle and it was imbedded into the stream bank that fed the pond.I actually found another one later that day and thought no way could this happen twice and just thoughtthe 2nd one was a flip ring from a soda can but it was a cheaper gold band.I did some research on people that had drowned in the lake and the initials matched that of a 14 year oldgirl the drowned back in 1962. It really bothered me so I sold the ring the next day.
Old 11-28-2006, 04:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Several years ago, at elk camp during rifle season, one of the guys came into camp that evening all happy about a knife he had found that day. He was all giddy telling us this story, but before he could pull it out to show anyone, my uncles brother discribed a knife he had lost several years before, while elk hunting in this same area.
So, turned out, this guy had found my uncles brothers knife! He did return it, but with some regret!

Quick Reply: Have you ever found a Knife or other gear while on the hunt?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.