Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
More pics from my Wyoming trip >

More pics from my Wyoming trip

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

More pics from my Wyoming trip

Old 11-19-2002, 08:45 AM

Default RE: More pics from my Wyoming trip

Can't see any of the pic's

This happens all the time everytime someone post pics i can't seem to view them can anyone help
Old 11-19-2002, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

texasducks75093 - I don't know why the pics aren't showing for you, but if you would like to see them here is a link to the site I have them posted on. You should be able to follow the link to the site and page through the pics.

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/memb...u12/index.html

Everyone else - thanks for the positive comments.

"If you can't change your circumstances then you need to change your perspective."
Old 11-19-2002, 09:27 AM
Spike

That is great stuff RuRu! I probably don't have a chance to get you to Montana, now.

If you want to see some of our good Eastern Montana game, check out this link.
http://www.woodystaxidermy.com/forum...threadid=11940

Blackhawk

-----Every day is a great day in Eastern Montana-----
Old 11-19-2002, 09:43 AM
Fork Horn

Hey Blackhawk357 - Your kidding right. You better believe I want to come and try your place. We'd have booked for this year except for a miscommunication on when my buddy was available. He is in Saskatchewan right now, but I'll be talking to him later this week. Is December 1 still the day you open the books? I didn't see your post about stopping by to see you until after I got back from Wyoming, otherwise I'd have given you a call. We stayed in Buffalo when we hunted Pronghorn. How far is that from you?

"If you can't change your circumstances then you need to change your perspective."
Old 11-19-2002, 10:09 AM
Spike

RuRu,
Sounds great. Our season go trhough the 1st this year, so I'll start booking on the 2nd of December. Check out that link on my last post. Those are this years animals.

My theory on the smaller antlers this year is the effect of the drought. We are seeing as many deer as ever, just not the antler growth. I found a Mule Deer buck dead by the RR tracks last week, the local outfitter aged him at 11.5 years. He had real heavy bases, but only about 22" wide. His problems were age and the drought (my best guess)

Oh, we are about 2 hours fron Sheridan, WY. North on 1-90.

Later,
Blackhawk

-----Every day is a great day in Eastern Montana-----
Old 11-21-2002, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

Blackhawk357 - I'd say you are on target about the antler growth being effected by the drought. I saw lots of bucks in Wyoming that I'm sure would have been carrying much better antlers in a non-drought year. The buck my buddy shot is a good example. He was a big bodied mature buck, but very modest antlers. Judging by his teeth he was 4.5 yrs old, and he measured 23.5" around the neck under the hide when we caped him. In a normal moisture year I'm sure he would have had much better antlers. I checked out your link, and you guys have taken some nice looking animals this fall. That Kevin always seems to find a good one. I liked the looks of the terrain in the background of his pic.