Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

My First Moose

Old 10-12-2006, 06:54 PM

Default My First Moose

Here are a couple of pics of my first moose, taken last week in the North Slave Region of the NWT.

99 Savage in .308

Old 10-12-2006, 07:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My First Moose

Awesome picture, what a majestic animals. That things sheer size is incredible. Congrats!
Old 10-12-2006, 07:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

looks like it would be an EASY drag out of there

Very Nice. You want to tell us the story behind it?? Don't make one of the other members here beg
Old 10-12-2006, 07:48 PM
Typical Buck

Dang thats a Monster!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 08:04 PM
Dominant Buck

Real Nice! Congrat's
Old 10-12-2006, 08:08 PM

This was on our third trip out for moose. The guy I hunt with had shot 2 a couple of days earlier--he is a First Nations hunter. We boated around the lake and called in a few spots and then canoed up a small stream and into a small lake. As we rounded the bend into the lake there was a bull and a cow standing about 150yrds from the shore--upon a small riseand we paddled in. They were distracted with each other and we put ashore. He was semi-broadside and I put one just behind his front shoulder and out through the ribs. He ran a few yards and dropped. The other guy went for the cow, but it was gone.

We don't really have to drag it at all--we just quarter it up and bring it home---I just tag it and go--it makes for a pretty well loaded canoe. There is no formal reporting, though I do get a game survey from the gov each year.

It was intense to be paddling into shore with our eyes glued on the moose--I have never paddled so quickly, so quietly in my life. I can't wait to do it again next year.

Caribou are up next--probably in couple of months.
Old 10-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

We don't really have to drag it at all

I kinda figured that. Sounds like an awesome experience though. I'd like to go to AK and do a float trip (DIY) for Moose and caribou one day.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:20 AM

Thats a huge moose you got there congrats. Im amazed as to how light the coat of it is. Ive never seen a moose with a coat that white before (besides and albino of course)
Old 10-13-2006, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice shot, camera & rifle.

Makes me wonder...does anyone make a "moose handle" to, you know, make it easier to drag them to the truck?
Old 10-13-2006, 06:34 PM

he's a brute man nice shot!

Quick Reply: My First Moose

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.