Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

hunter poll

Old 06-22-2006, 11:06 PM

Default hunter poll

anyone here ever hunt a hunt preserve in canada????
elk,deer,bison,etc
Old 06-23-2006, 06:30 AM
Banned

Default RE: hunter poll

No for me.
HCH[/align]
Old 06-23-2006, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

I won't hunt Canada due to their b.s. gun laws.
so thats a no.
BBJ
Old 06-23-2006, 03:20 PM

I'm with BBJ and I don't even hunt with a gun. No way.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have hunted up there a lot but never in a hunting preserve. Mostly Black Bear and Moose.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:14 PM

I hunt Canada all year long I live in BC but I never hunt game preserves. Public land only.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I could hunt all of those animals on a "preserve" in Texas if I ever decided to. That is a no for me too.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Barebackjack I am curious as to which gun laws?
Old 06-26-2006, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

No having a pistol.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

I think you'll find that not many people on this forum hunt on game preserves. At least I don't and never would. And the Ontario government is in the process right now, eliminating game preserves in this province as they are deemed unethical for sportsmen.

In answer to BareBack Jack...

Handguns have never been allowed in Canada for hunting. Only as a restrictedweapon for target shooting and only by residents. You talk about BS gun laws, you should check out the USA laws for me to come down there and go hunting. They're a lot more strict than ours.

We have to apply to the US Marshall Service to bring a gun in, we're only allowed one box of shells and can't buy anymore while we are there. We must apply 6 months in advance of our hunt and provide a copy of the hunting license for the state and game we're hunting. And the last time I looked you had to apply 6 months in advance and sent $300.00 with it in US currency because they don't do exchange rate down there or accept Canadian currency. Every business and outfitter in Canada accepts American currency and does an exchange. And if the Marshall Service refuses your application, you're SOL and you don't get your money back. And I think if you check, you'll find a lot of the States will not allow you to hunt with a handgun. If you wanta challenge in hunting, use a knife or a long bow, not a 44. Magnum 6 shot revolver with a scope.

When you come to Canada to hunt all you need is a photo ID and a birth certificate, a clear criminal record and $20.00 for each gun you are bringing in (excluding handguns). That seems a lot easier to me.

Quick Reply: hunter poll

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.