HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - hunter poll
Thread: hunter poll
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2006, 10:11 AM
DARKSIDE55
Fork Horn

Default RE: hunter poll

I think you'll find that not many people on this forum hunt on game preserves. At least I don't and never would. And the Ontario government is in the process right now, eliminating game preserves in this province as they are deemed unethical for sportsmen.

In answer to BareBack Jack...

Handguns have never been allowed in Canada for hunting. Only as a restrictedweapon for target shooting and only by residents. You talk about BS gun laws, you should check out the USA laws for me to come down there and go hunting. They're a lot more strict than ours.

We have to apply to the US Marshall Service to bring a gun in, we're only allowed one box of shells and can't buy anymore while we are there. We must apply 6 months in advance of our hunt and provide a copy of the hunting license for the state and game we're hunting. And the last time I looked you had to apply 6 months in advance and sent $300.00 with it in US currency because they don't do exchange rate down there or accept Canadian currency. Every business and outfitter in Canada accepts American currency and does an exchange. And if the Marshall Service refuses your application, you're SOL and you don't get your money back. And I think if you check, you'll find a lot of the States will not allow you to hunt with a handgun. If you wanta challenge in hunting, use a knife or a long bow, not a 44. Magnum 6 shot revolver with a scope.

When you come to Canada to hunt all you need is a photo ID and a birth certificate, a clear criminal record and $20.00 for each gun you are bringing in (excluding handguns). That seems a lot easier to me.