Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Bigfoot???

Old 05-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Banned

Default RE: Bigfoot???

ORIGINAL: nc bearhunter

i hate to be the one to correct all of you but all they saw was my ex-mother in law and her family
LOL We probably have the same one; mine are in NC.....Thank GOD
Old 05-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Typical Buck

no mine are in fl and i think that i still live to close its only 500 miles away
Old 05-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Boone & Crockett

The only problem with referring to some past examples of undiscovered species is that their existencehas long since been documented even in the remotest regions. If the existence of mountain gorillas has been common knowledge in darkest Africa, for a century, I would think that it would be far easier to document the existence of Big"Feets" that are supposed to be living an hour's drive from downtown Seattle or Vancouver.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I can say without a doubt that bigfoot exists...

We had decided to camp out one night after a long day of bear baiting and a good vension feed...we sat by the camp fire and quietly listened to the noises all around us...we knew the bears were out and heard them following the bear bait scent as the wind shifted directions back and forth...we decided to stretch out, grab some zzzz's and one of us would post watch...I took first watch...

we were unprepared for what happened next...

Now what seemed odd, was that everything got real still and quiet, not a sound...then all of a sudden there came a loud deep cry or a howl or a shriek that sounded like a cross between a wolf, bear and someone who stepped on a nail in their bare feet...

Wokeall of the guys up, the sound made our skin crawl and the air was still and forest eerily quiet...we knew it was not bear or wolf...and sat there dumbfounded looking at each other in fear....we knew we had heard a big foot....then the wind came back up and shifted...the smell was next, the creature had been only yards away and moved with the wind to avoid detection....the smell was unrecognizable and foul...we almost vomited...

I decided to get up and put more wood on the fire....we sat there not speaking for hours and none of us slept and watched the sun come up...no one spoke cus we knew, we just knew...we searched the area and discovered large foot like tracks that had flattened the tall wet grasses all around our temporary camp...we knew then...

we knew then that we had a close encounter of the big foot kind...

Old 05-08-2006, 11:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

I don't suppose that you all had "partaken of the herb" as a HIGHlight to the evening?
Old 05-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lanse, I know what you are getting at and that is not the case...

this is something we never spoke about but mutually always wondered...everyone of us had the fear put into us and luckily nothing more...

unless you've experienced something like this it is unimaginable...
Old 05-08-2006, 11:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

I was just kidding. Despite my skepticism, I'm actually very interested in the subject. I would love to hear more about your experience and promise no more smart remarks.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK good Lanse, I am glad you are willing to hear it further...

now...sometimes one on one we'll try to talk about what we thought we heard...answers to questions are only headshakes...

I have talked to my buddy about it and he experiences the same thought process when we try to bring up a conversation of that night...sweats...shivers...then the head starts working overtime and you discount the sound you heard as something less than terrifying...

from the initial reaction and aftershock, we knew we heard something crazy and unimaginable, every one of us four heard it, it wokethe guys up it was so loud and it made our skin crawl...this we all knew and not a word was spoken among us...we were shockedfrozen from it...

So the aftershock wasa similar psychological phenomenon we all experienced to an unexplained cry from out of the dark. Was it tuned up because of theenvironment we were in ?

Yes...but....

Maybe it was that we were already on guard for the large black bears we knew were in the area and had some elevated fears?

Privately each one of us had checked the area over and over, no bear tracks that close into the camp fire area, further out yes...no other tracks close in from the approximate area we heard the cry come from...it felt and sounded like it was right on top of us...it was like a ghost came and went...

Had to have been a bear, maybe a couple of bears...words we say now...but..we all know otherwise...and we can't explain it...but still we ask ourselves...what could that have really been...
Old 05-08-2006, 05:12 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

I don't suppose that you all had "partaken of the herb" as a HIGHlight to the evening?
What you talkin about........herb....Funny.......LOL. Sounds more like mushrooms or peyote.........Did you see the size of that chicken. I really thought thisthread was a joke but I guess not...... THERE ARE NO BIGFOOTS. You saw bears.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Canuck_Buck

OK good Lanse, I am glad you are willing to hear it further...

now...sometimes one on one we'll try to talk about what we thought we heard...answers to questions are only headshakes...

I have talked to my buddy about it and he experiences the same thought process when we try to bring up a conversation of that night...sweats...shivers...then the head starts working overtime and you discount the sound you heard as something less than terrifying...

from the initial reaction and aftershock, we knew we heard something crazy and unimaginable, every one of us four heard it, it wokethe guys up it was so loud and it made our skin crawl...this we all knew and not a word was spoken among us...we were shockedfrozen from it...

So the aftershock wasa similar psychological phenomenon we all experienced to an unexplained cry from out of the dark. Was it tuned up because of theenvironment we were in ?

Yes...but....

Maybe it was that we were already on guard for the large black bears we knew were in the area and had some elevated fears?

Privately each one of us had checked the area over and over, no bear tracks that close into the camp fire area, further out yes...no other tracks close in from the approximate area we heard the cry come from...it felt and sounded like it was right on top of us...it was like a ghost came and went...

Had to have been a bear, maybe a couple of bears...words we say now...but..we all know otherwise...and we can't explain it...but still we ask ourselves...what could that have really been...
Sounds exciting. Where was this Canuck???

Quick Reply: Bigfoot???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.