Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Pronghorn hunt ?'s

Old 04-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Pronghorn hunt ?'s

I am looking for any info on an antelope hunt this year, I know most places I needed to have my applications in by now for tags. Does nayone know of a good DIY or Tresspass fee hunt where I can still get in and get tags?

Thanks!
Old 04-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Spike

Default RE: Pronghorn hunt ?'s

You may be able to find someone in New Mexico that can sell you a land owner tag. If so, then you just buy the license and you're in business...
Old 04-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Fork Horn

You can still get tags in South Dakota. Visit my web site at www.huntsd.net
Old 04-13-2006, 10:13 PM
Fork Horn

Hi Bionic: you can get leftover PL doe tags in CO (August I think), but am afraid you are too late for bucks.

CE
Old 04-15-2006, 02:07 PM

Eastern Wyoming always has undersubscribed units for speed goats. Only problem is private land. I've only hunted the western side of the state, but have always heard a guy could get an Eastern tag, get with a landowner or two, pay a fee and have a blast.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Huntelk4Fun is on the right track. I agree and second his opinion.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:05 PM

In Wyoming there are 3 ways you could go. One is the "LEFTOVER DRAWING" with ap dates of 7/10 - 7/20 and results available 8/7. These are licences left over from the earlier drawing. You would have to go to their web site to see what areas had licences available for a given area.
After that, if there are still licences that are undrawn, you can buy one "over-the-counter" at the Cheyenne main office. You still have to fill out an application form, but I think it's more to reserve the license for you cause it's not a drawing.
Thirdly, after Aug 15th you can buy "DOE/FAWN" licenses over-the-counter, but it has to be from a licensed store IN the hunt area you are wanting to go. Confused?
KEEP IN MIND . . . You cannot pay for them with a check. It has to be a cashier's check or Postal Money Order.
As far as eastern Wyo having tough access, not exactly so. There is a lot of Nat'l Forrest, BLM, State Trust land, and public lands that is accessable through the G&F's Public Access program. Go to: http://gf.state.wy.us/ and read all about this stuff. More ?????'s, feel free to send a PM.
Old 04-15-2006, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks guys! game4lunch I am going to look into your links, might be sending you a PM!
Old 04-16-2006, 08:47 AM

game4lunch is right on!
Old 04-17-2006, 11:56 AM
Fork Horn

Montana's deadline is not until June 1, results of the drawing are around August 15th. Depending on the region you hunt, I've hunted eastern region (700 series) and it's about a 75% chance to draw first time around.

There are alot of opportunites to hunt block management land and BLM.

Quick Reply: Pronghorn hunt ?'s

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.