Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Pronghorn hunt ?'s

Old 04-30-2006, 10:54 PM

Default RE: Pronghorn hunt ?'s

Phil is right, and i have hunted there for the past 6 years, mainly because i'm a montana resident and i refuse to pay to hunt anywhere. If you don't have the same feelings as me i would recommend paying to get on a ranch in Wyoming, the bucks for the most part are more impressive. If you feel up to the challenge though, try eastern montana after opening day. I can almost garantee that you won't get a shot at a prarie goat at any speed under 40 mph.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are just looking for any antelope??? Wyoming has the cheapest Non-resident Doe/Fawn license. I think they are $40.00? That is a steal for a non-resident hunter. This would be the tag I would get.
I myself do not hunt antelope for horns. Adoe only tag works for me.
I plan on buying aleft-over doe/fawnarchery only tag, near the area I am working. I am not sureat his time if I will be working near Casper or Cody?

Good luck,

Wolf Killer
Old 05-11-2006, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

I have a landowner tag for sale in the Texas Panhandle. Let me know if your interested. [email protected]
Old 05-11-2006, 07:18 PM

wyoming has my vote. lots ofleftover tagsin the eastern part of the state. also lots of public land and walk in areas. quite a few animals on public lands if you are willing to walk. it is a really fun hunt and not too physically demanding.
Old 05-19-2006, 09:17 PM

I have been doing some checking in western SD. I have a group that we are planning a hunt this year. You can buy tags over the counter. You may not shoot the 80" goat but good chance of shooting one. I have found a place that will charge me $40 trespass fee per day on 15K acres. Not the numbers you will see in Wy in hundreds, but if you see 30-75 a day and shoot one, who cares.