Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 RMEF World Calling results... We're Baaackk!!! >

RMEF World Calling results... We're Baaackk!!!

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

RMEF World Calling results... We're Baaackk!!!

Old 03-01-2006, 01:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RMEF World Calling results... We're Baaackk!!!

Well, we just pulled in from Reno and RMEF Elk Camp. Idahoelkinstructor did AWESOME!!!! Before we left home (Reno is 10 hours away) Jason noticed that we had a leak in our radiator system somewhere. We took it to the shop and found out that our water pump went out. $180 later, we drove a whoppin' 6 blocks and lost our power steering and the temperature started to rise. Come to find out, they hadn't bolted the fan on right, so it came shooting into the fan belt and chewed it up. We finally got going around 7 pm. IEI had to be ready for competition at 8 am, so we had to drive all the way through! It was crazy! We pulled into Reno at about 4:30 am and got a few hours of sleep. Then it was off to the show. They had just called his name in the registration area when we walked in. They started with the Pee Wee division. It was adorable to watch the kids get up and call. Then was the Youth division. They did awesome as well. Then they had the Voice division. There were only 6 callers and they only take the top 5 to finals. The 5th place tied 3 times in a row!!! So they decided to take everyone and let them call it off the next day. Women's division was next. Then came the Adult division.... There were 28 callers. You have to draw numbers so that the judges don't know who is calling. There are 7 judges, and the high and low score are thrown out and the rest are tallied for the final score. Jason pulled caller #28!!! He pulled a final score of 129. Just 6 points behind first place! He actually placed 10th in the world!!!! Knight and Hale calls approached him afterward and signed him on to a 2 year Sponsorship program!!! He's also signed on with a sponsorship with ASAT Clothing! It was a sweet trip and we already can't wait for the next competition!!! It's next month in Salt Lake City. Give him a big CONGRATS!!!! He deserves it! (If you can't tell, I'm bustin' at the seams with pride!!!)
Old 03-01-2006, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: RMEF World Calling results... We're Baaackk!!!

Congrats on doing so well and on the sponsorships! It is slways nice to see someone excel at something they love to do.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

Jason--WOW!!!!!! That's great news guys!!! I'll give you a call real soon & get more details!!! Great Job!!!!------------------Paul
Old 03-01-2006, 08:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very good.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:38 AM

That is wicked cool. I would love to be sponsored to hunt. Tell him Congrats.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks everyone, to start off I need to correctmy wife about the points. I did score a 129 and I was 6 points behind 5th place. So I missed the cut to top5 not by much. I quote and agree what a few other callers said, I have room for inprovmentbut yetI should be very happy for what I have accomplished. This was my very first time at worlds so I am happy with that but I also have a burning desire to do even better on the next go around. Anyway my wife is correct about being sponsored by both ASAT and Knight and Hale. Its a unoffical but offical type of sponsor ship so to speak. I don't want to go pro yet, so I will not be on the pay list and I will not work the booths at different shows for either of them. I will get all the free calls I want and need, and some free shirts and a bit of camo to boot for hunting as well. But I am notaPRO STAFF, just yet anyway. That will come for me, Knight and Hale would have been willing and wanted me to do that then. But I said no because I want a crack at winning worlds in the mens division. And I feel I still need experience and become a better competition caller. They said for two years they would sponsor me, then when the two years is up and if I feel Knight and Hale is right for me I will sign on as pro staff. If not and I don't like the deal we can part our ways without any hard feelings. I agreed and I'll have fun finding out if I am ment to be on their pro staff. I haven't used their calls much but have tried them this past week and I can say I realy do like them. There single diaphrams are so so soft. I honestly think it will help me improve my cow calling to the next level. It was sure fun watching the masters at work, guys like Corey Jacobsen, his dad Rocky, Dan Whitmus, Al Moris, Steve Cordell, (Steve won the men's division) Adury Mcqueen and many others. I did do good but I need to raise the bar to the next level and become one the big dogs/top contendersso to speak. That will happen with lots of practice and time. Thanks again, and Paul I look foward to talking with you. Jason
Old 03-02-2006, 03:05 PM
Typical Buck

Jason,

I'm glad to hear about your success!! That's awesome buddy! I remember the first time I met you at last years expo I was wondering why in the world you were carrying that fat plastic baseball bat. You educated me on that and now you're having success with it!!! You still using it by the way?

Anyway I look forward to seeing you guys at the Salt Lake show and look forward to hearing your calling.Sorry to hear you and your wife can't make it this year. Maybe next year!

By the way do you still talk to GSE on the phone? I haven't seen him here on the boards for a while. He coached me bit if I wanted to call competitively.
Old 03-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go big guy!!! I am glad to see that Idaho is still producing some great callers!!! My dad won the very first ever RMEF buglin contest back in 83'..... And we have been killin elk ever since! good job.. And I hope you win next year!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 12:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

rather be hunin, I have a inproved model but yes its still the same.I too look foward toseeing you again in SLC. Lets do hook up and get together for dinner. Let me and others know when and where, if you don't mind post it for one and all to see. I havemet and becomeawesome friends with somethrough hunting net, and there is always room for more.