Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

If you could

Old 03-09-2006, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: If you could

Mine would be to bowhunt for moose anywhere.

Bobby
Old 03-09-2006, 04:58 PM

Well since I've done moose and brown bear I guess that leaves polar bear as third on the list... $25K in Canada no way around it, good thing its only a dream.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:54 PM

I consider myself as VERY fortunate to have chased deer in such places as south TX and NE Kansas. I took a "Gila monster" in NM with a muzzleloader and I took 'lopes and mulies in WY season before last. I probably will hunt several other "North American" hunts before I start doing it for my sons instead.

BUT for "dream hunts" I would have to agree with Elkampmaster, gimme a month in Africa with "The Big Five"... THAT is hunting my boys!!!

OR since we are dreaming, how about elephants 50 years ago when you had a realistic chance at a "hundred pounder"???
RA
Old 03-10-2006, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

Stone sheep for me. I'm sure Ill draw a tag for one this year......ya right.
Old 03-10-2006, 08:36 PM

"....gimme a month in Africa with "The Big Five"... THAT is hunting my boys!!!
Red, careful.... don't idolize the Big Five thing too much, I've seen people on this sitereally get their panties in a knot when you even infer that it is a different level of hunting and heaven forbid you actually say "different class of hunting" then folks really lose it.

Old 03-13-2006, 08:56 PM

lol EKM I know what ya mean. The nerve of some, just because they sit on a bucket on a hillside in podunk county USA with a "thirty naught six" and pop the first thing with hair, that AINT the same as shooting something that has a propensity for finding you and stomping a mudhole in your hide and then walking it dry!!!

RA
Old 03-13-2006, 09:07 PM

i would want to hunt something that if givin the chance would hunt me that would be cape buffalo or brown bear .but that will never happen so i'm stuck here shootin deer hogs and black bear .