Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

deer meadow outfitters

Old 01-16-2006, 09:51 PM
Spike

Default deer meadow outfitters

Don't use this outfitter he is a crook, if you are looking at going with him let me know.
Old 01-20-2006, 10:54 AM

Default RE: deer meadow outfitters

Just talked to them the other night,seemed nice and has a large
percentage of repeat clients(So he says).I have not called any
of the references yet.What was your experience with them?
Old 03-06-2007, 08:15 AM
Spike

I hunted with this outfitter last year and he is dishonest. He misrepresents his operation and we had a very bad experience. Don't waste your money. He talks a good game on the phone, and unfortunately I fell for it.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:54 AM
Spike

look at he pics from 05 to 06 he has 1 repeat client out of 35 guys, he over hunts everything. I promise u don't hunt with him u will regret it,
he will tell u all kinds of stuff to book with him, for instance the ribcage buck on his website that pic isn't even on his place, he is a crook.
Old 03-06-2007, 02:27 PM
Spike

As a follow up to the Rib Cage buck comment.One of his guides told me that deer had been killed already, but Scott keeps advertising that he is still out there. He even has a big picture of him on the wall in his lodge and tells everyone he's out there still. That was a lie according to his best guide.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:01 PM
Spike

ya the ribcage buck was shot by another neighbor opening day of rifle season in o5, about 2 miles north of him,ha what a liar.
if anyone out there is thinking about booking with him , please let me talk to u first.
Old 07-26-2010, 07:13 PM
Spike

Default Missinformed

The information provided on this web-site is not correct and needs a follow up. I own Deer Meadows Outfitters and operate the business with my family. Justin Simmons is a neighbor and a fellow outfitter, and does attend Pleasant Point Community Church with his family and mine. I would hope that he would provide correct information as an outfitter himself, and as a friend. I don't know why Justin would say such things as his family has been friends for along time. I would hope that being an outfitter himself would not cloud his judgement on me and my family. I have had many Outdoor Channel personalities hunt with me and they are all posted on my web-site for everyone to see. I have turned my cheek for many years as he has looked down on my business and have not said anything, but I have to put a stop to all the bad information that he is posting. Justin Simmons has not hunted with me as he runs a outfitting operation business next to mine. He has misinformed you and not told you the truth. I have refrences for all my hunts and am a family run and operated outfitter that loves to hunt and guide people to have the same experience in the sandhills as I have had for myself. Thank you for your time and sorry that this had to be published worldwide. Scott Kuhn
Old 07-27-2010, 06:05 AM
Spike

Default I stand by what I wrote

I absolutely stand by everything I posted regarding Deer Meadows Outfitters. I work too hard to save money as I know most of the people on this website do and I wouldn't want anyone to have an experience like mine. I would be happy to discuss my experience with anyone who wants to send me a PM so that they can hear from an actual client.

Look beyond TV personalities who hunt on properties since most get to hunt for free and the red carpet gets rolled out for them. Scott had Jon Brunson in for advertising the year we hunted there just as many outfitters do.
Old 07-29-2010, 03:02 PM
Spike

Default The truth hurts sometimes....

I am new to the forum thing and ran across this one. It peaked my interest because i know of this Outfitter and know several people in that area of Nebraska. What i find ironic is the denial and lack of real information provided by Scott. Since he has shown his interest in this thread i have a few questions that if he will answer truthfully will surely make him sleep better at night. It surely won't garner more clients, but at least this will give him a chance to clear his conscience. I have watched most of the shows that are on Deer Meadow's and one really disturbed me. Scott is telling these "Celebrity" hunters that he "RETIRED" from Guiding. Come on Scott, tell the truth! You were busted violating game violations and as a condition of your SENTENCE you couldn't Guide or be "associated" with Outfitting.. You are a convicted Felon. We'll start there....for now...i will ask my other questions after this one is answered..see below.

http://nppc.nol.org/susp.htm#kuhn
NPPC Case No. 06-09, Case No. 05046, Scott Kuhn:
Respondent was found guilty in the U.S. District Court for the offense of sale and transporting of illegally killed wildlife, a felony.
NPPC recommendation – suspension for a period of nine months from and after August 19, 2005, the date of his felony conviction. State Board decision – suspension for a period of time, from August 19, 2005, the date of his felony conviction in the U.S. District Court, through August 12, 2006.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Spike

We own a ranch 2mi south of Deer Meadows headquarters and I can assure you they shoot small and young bucks. We let our bucks grow to 4 1/2yrs at a minimum and a lot of years we just pass. With Scott in the area we loose a lot of small bucks because he just shoots them at 3 1/2yrs. Now he is tresspassing by putting game cams and deer feed on other ranches he doesn't have access to as well as trying to lease stuff out from under other people who do their own hunting. He even came in on a ranch I lease and pulled the hunting rights away from me. Now he drives around and knocks my grass down and disturbs my cattle. On top of that he was fired/asked to leave from his job as a girls basketball coach for undisclosed reasons. Now do the math and you can draw your own conclusions.

Quick Reply: deer meadow outfitters

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.