Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Need a brown bear guide... >

Need a brown bear guide...

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Need a brown bear guide...

Old 12-11-2005, 11:55 PM

Default Need a brown bear guide...

I am hoping to find a guide to book me for 2007 on abrownie hunt. I figured I would post here ans see what comes of it first. I have just started to research into it. I was hoping to talk to some people with first hand info.

Thanks in advance,
Frankie
Old 12-12-2005, 08:30 AM

Default RE: Need a brown bear guide...

BigBuck,

Brownies are out of my current price range so I don't have any first hand experience. I and my father have dreamed of hunting them though. My father has checked into it. From what I have gathered from his research you need to be very selective on your guide. I would suggest using a booking agent such as Atcheson & sons. They can put you in touch with good, reputable outfitters. Best of luck.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:21 AM

Shato,

That is pretty much what I have been told...my dilema is I dont know anyone first hand that has gone on a Brownie hunt. I guess I will have to make some new friends...lol. Thanks for the info.

Frankie
Old 12-13-2005, 08:24 AM

Big,

thats what I like about the Atcheson's, Jack, Jack Jr., and Kieth are all hunters. I quarantee you that they will have first hand experience. I have found that if they set you up, one of them has most likely hunted with the outfit. http://www.atcheson.com
Old 12-13-2005, 02:23 PM

bigbuckluck I have a great Brown bear outfitter. Brown bear meaning Grizzly. Hunt is in Back country British Columbia. If you are serious about a BIG BROWN this is the place to go. Email me back at [email protected] and I will be glade to give you more info. PS the Grizzly hunt inculeds black bear and wolf combo