Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Elk, it's whats for dinner.. >

Elk, it's whats for dinner..

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Elk, it's whats for dinner..

Old 11-17-2005, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

Default Elk, it's whats for dinner..

..Got my Elk back from my local meat shop yesterday and tonight cooked up some steak with fries and who0a boy thouht we'd died an gone to heaven,,that spike is excellent,, been a while since i sank into elk,,

..dredged the meat in some flour mixed with Emerils Seasoning and fried it in a iron skillet with a little bacon grease..

whew}} } boy }}
Old 11-17-2005, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Elk, it's whats for dinner..

AINT IT GREAT!!!

GET-R-DONE!!

hunter338
Old 11-17-2005, 10:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

yesssss sirrrrrrrr...

Had elk burgers tonight myself, sure is goooooddddd!!!

Old 11-20-2005, 07:53 AM
Spike

I prepared Elk tenderloin with a peppercorn/mustard sauce, garlic potato, spicy carrots, salad with a homemade blackberry vinaigrette, and a loaf of oven crusted bread, thisfor a person that felt game was not very tasty. That person is now an ardent fan of elk!
Old 11-21-2005, 09:21 AM

ORIGINAL: frozendisc

I prepared Elk tenderloin with a peppercorn/mustard sauce, garlic potato, spicy carrots, salad with a homemade blackberry vinaigrette, and a loaf of oven crusted bread, thisfor a person that felt game was not very tasty. That person is now an ardent fan of elk!
sissy... Prepared?! YOu mean cooked? [8D] I prefer the other fellers recipe:
dredged the meat in some flour mixed with Emerils Seasoning and fried it in a iron skillet with a little bacon grease..
Old 11-21-2005, 09:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have a freezer full of elk and moose and wejust got our halapeno and cheese smokies back from the sausage maker.As usual,I have more than enough meat toprovide great eatinguntil next fall.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Spike

Shato.....you are lacking in culinary creativity, more commonly known as a "culinary moron", but we still like you!To prepare something means to combine several different culinary functions. Such as, I baked the bread, but I cooked the meat. It really doesn't matter, as I am certain that any of us would have enjoyed the meal with enthusiasm, you included.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

rightWe ate round steak (elk) again tonight,,i haven't even made it to the back straps, sirloins or tenderloins which i'm saving for Christmas,,

..Gotta tell ya though i never worked so damn hard in all my life getting that S.O.B. outta there, i shot him 185 yards uphill ,he ran over another ravine tto where i could not see him, trudged up the hill to where i could find his tracks in the snow,found his tracks that took me over another side hill, walked up and saw something brown laying there in the snow,walked up to it and saw thast i indeed hit him right through his neck,,took some photos and then thought well, maybe i'll tie a rope to one of his legs,ugh!, ugh!, no that ain't gonna work, so i gutted, skinned and quartered him right there, dragged each quarter plus rifle and back pack back up the ravine on top ,back down to the creek which i fell in and got my @ss soaken wet, draggedeach quarter plus my gear across the creek to a bottom of a steep rocky hill where my truck was perched on top,,i'm so glad i brought rope, all this began around 6:00 am in the morning and i was never so glad to reach camp that afternoon around 3:00 pm

..But you know what..i'd do it all over again.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:20 PM

ORIGINAL: frozendisc

Shato.....you are lacking in culinary creativity, more commonly known as a "culinary moron", but we still like you!
I've never 'et culinary.[>:] My sister had a canary oncet. not much meat though. Is it anything like quail.

Seriously just havin a little fun.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

11/27/05

Sorry to tell you this. But justFRIED up some chicken fried Elk steak, some slow FRIED taters, with a huge helping of GRAVY.

It is what you might say: SLAP YOUR MAMMA GOOOOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just thought you would like to know.
hunter338