Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Google Earth . com

Old 10-21-2005, 11:07 PM

Default Google Earth . com

Not sure if this has been covered but thought it was worth mentioning. A buddy came over and we downloaded www.googleearth.com onto my puter. A FREE satelite imageing program available on the web for public use. one word....INCREDIBLE!!! you can see into your own backyard...or someone elses.... used my GPS to dig up lat/lon waypoints I saved during my hunts and could zoom right into the exact spot! A very usefull tool to look at the terrain in a particular area beforeyou travel to hunt....the image includes altitude,etc... good luck!
Old 10-22-2005, 02:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Google Earth . com

Hemi,
Keep in mind that the actual video is better whenthe product is purchased. I downloaded the program for free and the clarity doesn't seem to be very good when closer than 6000 ft. Veryincredible product as you had mentioned. Your not planning another RAM hunt??
Old 10-22-2005, 12:32 PM

Default RE: Google Earth . com

The free version is deffinitely a bit fuzzy...I would think the purchased version would be less grainy...I may in fact order the whole program if the quality is better. It does give you a pretty good look at the terrain and cutblocks, water etc. though.

As for the going on another sheep hunt.......im bitten!!! Im applying for a Dall Sheep hunt in the northern most part of BC near Atlin. The odds of being drawn are exceptionally good. If I do not get drawn for a Dall I may hunt StoneSheep up the Muskwa River or Rocky Mtn Bighorns in the Kootenies. I may as well try for the BC Slam!!!