Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Alligator hunt 2005 & gator hunt with the kids w/pics. Orange Lake, Florida. >

Alligator hunt 2005 & gator hunt with the kids w/pics. Orange Lake, Florida.

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Alligator hunt 2005 & gator hunt with the kids w/pics. Orange Lake, Florida.

Old 09-21-2005, 04:41 AM
Spike

Default RE: Alligator hunt 2005 & gator hunt with the kids w/pics. Orange Lake, Florida.

If anyone is interested I would be willing to Swap an alligator hunt for something like a elk, mule deer, or moose hunt (would consider other hunts). To give an idea of value, a Non-resident Alligator tag costs $1022 and a 2 day guided alligator hunt for 2 hunters costs $2000- $2250.

I am NOT a commercial gator hunter, just a guy who would like to swap a hunting trip. As long as this doesn’t become too expensive the wifer doesn’t’ mind. We would use my 2006 gator tag.

Here’s my offer :
I will take you gator hunting on Orange Lake in central Florida. This hunt will take place on an unusual platform, an 18 foot Go-Devil boat and 25 hp Go-Devil motor. We will use harpoons and bait to take one gator. Last year my friend and I took a 9 and 10 footer; our best to date is an 11 footer. Gators are phenomenal animals and during this hunt you’ll see quite a few gators. The Florida gator season runs 1 month long, divided into 4 one week phases. We can tailor your hunt to the time frame you are able to make it. The hunt is unique, done at night, VERY interesting, has pucker factor, and I’ll guarantee you’ll remember it for a long time.

In return:
I would like to do an elk hunt (or mule deer or moose hunt). I’ve recently gotten into bowhunting and would consider either a bow or rifle hunt. My goal would be to do something I’ve not yet done.

A little about me:
I’m a stay-at-home father of two (6 & 4 yrs), 44 yrs old, fit, nonsmoker & nondrinker (~1-beer/week), retired USAF (Pararescue (PJ)), capable of entertaining myself and easy to get along with.

Depending on the value of the hunt being traded for I’m also willing to take you on another unique daytime Florida activity. Scalloping on the Gulf of Mexico aboard my 24 foot Boston Whaler w/twin 150s (since gator hunting takes take place at night). To go scalloping you need to be able to swim and I can teach you how to snorkel. Scalloping season closes on September 10th so obviously the trip needs to be scheduled during that time frame.

For an idea of what I’m offering please look at the links below.

Summary of my 2004 gator hunt on Orange Lake (w/photos):
http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=250750

Summary of a 2005 family scallop outing (w/photos): http://outdoorsbest.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=392454

HooYah

Brian
Gainesville FL [home of the GATORS (Univ FL)]
[email protected]

Last years gators (9 & 10 footers)
Old 09-21-2005, 06:59 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Alligator hunt 2005 & gator hunt with the kids w/pics. Orange Lake, Florida.

Good Job!
Old 09-21-2005, 08:53 AM

That is sweat I have wanted to go gator hunting for a while now.