Why haven't we had this argument in a couple weeks? What's up? :D:D:D:D:D" />

Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.
 Nosler

270...elk cartridge?

Old 07-26-2005, 08:16 AM

Default RE: 270...elk cartridge?

243?! 243? 243?! (ala jim mora's "playoffs?")

pellet gun! I guess you shoot for the neck too?

Come on now, we can argue better than this, surely!

How bout this: The 270 is a far superior cartridge to the 30-06.
Or: anyone who hunts on private land isn't really a hunter.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:42 PM

shato i would argue with u but u already proved to me on more than one occasion that u are an idiot!lol.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:14 PM
Typical Buck

Jack O'Conner was not slouch when it came to hunting and his favorite rifle was a .270. I shouldn't enter this fracus I'm a bowhunter.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:07 AM

ORIGINAL: manboy

shato i would argue with u but u already proved to me on more than one occasion that u are an idiot!lol.
[8D]Then by all means educate me oh great one! [:'(] Oh well, I guess its so close to season that everyone is at peace with their inner child and don't want a spirited arguement. Thats cool! I hope everyone realizes that I was just joking and really didn't believe any of the things I said earlier in this thread.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:14 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: ShatoDavis

Yeah thats the ticket. Lets get an argument going. I'm bored and I can't wait for september. So, someone argue with me to take my mind off it. I'll start:

a 270 is nothing more than a over glorified pellet gun. I can't believe anyone in their right mind would even consider using a 270 on anything larger than a Prairie dog. If you are one of those no brain idiots who carries a 270 I think your hunting previlidges should be revoked for life.[8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]
AS long as it not against the law, I will keep on useing the PELLET gun![8D][8D][8D][8D]
I also have an A-bolt in .338 and a BLR in .358, but the PELLET gun will
do.

Old 07-28-2005, 09:04 AM

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

AS long as it not against the law, I will keep on useing the PELLET gun![8D][8D][8D][8D]
I also have an A-bolt in .338 and a BLR in .358, but the PELLET gun will
do.
Fine by me, if you want to be "undergunned" and worry about things like "shot placement".[8D]
Old 07-28-2005, 11:00 AM

Shato,

ThoughI tend to hunt with larger cartridges than most folks would use for a given game specie, I still very much focus on careful,informed aiming (what some folks like tothinkof as"shot placement")regardless of the "power advantage"I may have. Igenerally advocateusing a big stick AND hitting themwhere it counts most! (which is completely doable inspite of what the "recoil naysayers"promote as gospel.)

IMHO,going with a friskier cartridge andbetter qualitybulletsthan what is generally considered"marginal" or just "adequate"allowsone more options and more leewayin choosingHOWyou're going to punch the critter's ticket without having them hold freeze framefor a perfect pose.

I always felt better packing out elk quarters than I did just packing out excuses about the shotopportunity(things were just, just not quite right, if only he would have, then I could have, and then....bull pucky.... kind ofa pitiful refrain to be singin', IMHO ---are you out there to kick some elk arse or not?).
-------------------------

I reckon that oughta get things going.
Shato, you can run with it from here.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:39 AM

Well, with a name like elk camp master who can argue with you?

Yeah sure if you want to be all exact and stuff "shot placement" should be a consideration with all cartridges. But, Its hard to start an arguement with logical statements.
Old 07-28-2005, 01:39 PM

Well, I'm a masterat setting up one hell of an elk camp; however,
Iwouldn't claim to be the master of elk hunting....
That would go to our (successful) bowhunting friends....

IMHO, taking elk with adecent, scopedmagnum (or big bore)is straight forward business.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:39 PM

EKM It's good to see you recoverd from you upset stomach this Spring! could it be the cool nights and the hint that fall is coming.

Quick Reply: 270...elk cartridge?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.