Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Need help from TX guys!

Old 06-21-2005, 08:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Need help from TX guys!

Okay people in Texas. I booked a hog hunt for me and my buddy forJuly 21-23 in a place called Caddo, Texas. Its 70 miles west of Fort Worth. I bought my license online real smooth, but Im 16 and I need to have a hunters education card for Texas. I know you can do it online but that seems like it would take longer than just doing it there. So does anyone know a place I can take it in Texas near Caddo I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Jake
Old 06-21-2005, 10:42 AM

Default RE: Need help from TX guys!

Here is a list off TPWD web site http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/edu/hunted/city.phtml
It is a 2 day class. I am not sure how long the online class is.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:49 PM

Default RE: Need help from TX guys!

I am pretty sure if you take it on line and pass the written, you still have approx 4 hours of class work that is required. If you do not do it online it is a 2 day process.

However keep this in mind if you are hutning with someone that has a resident Texas hutning license and was born prior to Sept 1971 you can hunt legally in the state of Texas without the Hunters safety course. Provided they are with you at all times while hutning. Once you turn 17 years of age it will be mandatory you have a Hunters safety course in Texas