Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Do You Reward landowners for use of land? >

Do You Reward landowners for use of land?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Do You Reward landowners for use of land?

Old 06-14-2005, 05:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default Do You Reward landowners for use of land?

Do any of you who hunt private land Thank or reward the land owner. by this I mean Share your game with him? By him a Bottle of his favorite bevarage, gift cert to a restraunt?

I share my game (after processing) with the people who allow me to hunt there land. Generally I take Sausage and jerky to them. The lander owner who's land I take my game from I also buy them a bottle of there fav liquior. (which he in turn shares with me)

So lets see who has happy land owners??
Old 06-14-2005, 06:04 AM

Default RE: Do You Reward landowners for use of land?

Absolutely, Even if they have let me cross there property to fish the river bank. Normally I will stop by on the way out and ask if there is anything that they need or can I help them with, tell them that I appreciate them letting me hunt or fish, can I pick you up something? Let them know if you saw something suspicious or questionable and be sure to close gates behind you.

I personnaly use to use a farmers property to cross to get to a river we fished we even trailered our jon boats over and on the far end next to the river you had to open to fences on each side of a railroad track to cross. Well one day someone didn't shut the gates and one cow was hit by a train and that ended it for everyone!
Old 06-14-2005, 01:58 PM
car
Typical Buck

Yes I do. I have been giving the landowners gift certificate to restaurants for allowing me to hunt on there land. It get a little expensive if you hunt on several different landowners but it is worth it.
Old 06-14-2005, 11:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

I always offer them a couple days of carpenter work for letting me hunt.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:21 AM

I would, if I hunted private land.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hunt about 80 percent private land. About half of my hunting is on my own land.
Old 06-16-2005, 05:27 AM

On the other end, my family usually lets a couple of our family friends hunt our land--and since we do our own hunting, we don't really need the extra meat--but it is always nice to get the thanks you's and anything extra (for example, our one friend brought us a 6-pack of beer the one day for after the hunt), nothing very expensive, but it just showed that he was thankful of us letting him use the land. Goes a long way for future hunts!
Old 06-16-2005, 09:08 AM

Their reward is the pleasure of my company. I've found that respect for their land and a thank you is all most landowners want. I've bought a few dinner. I don't always feel comfortable offering beer or such. I'm afraid I might offend them, if they don't drink.
Old 06-16-2005, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

i haven't had the need too. i've always hunted on my family's property. but starting this year i am. since i'll be hunting on at least one other farm.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:52 PM

Be carefull handing out beverages. The first year my brother in law and I used this farmers property to hunt ducks we both chiped in and bought him a very nice bottle of scotch whisky. It was about a $60 bottle of 15 year old single malt and smooth as silk. A very nice gift for anyone, if they drink. This farmer didn't touch the stuff and was offended that we offered it. Some people are that way.

Quick Reply: Do You Reward landowners for use of land?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.