HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Big Game Hunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting-6/)
-   -   Do You Reward landowners for use of land? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/big-game-hunting/102853-do-you-reward-landowners-use-land.html)

Nicholal 06-14-2005 05:39 AM

Do You Reward landowners for use of land?

Do any of you who hunt private land Thank or reward the land owner. by this I mean Share your game with him? By him a Bottle of his favorite bevarage, gift cert to a restraunt?

I share my game (after processing) with the people who allow me to hunt there land. Generally I take Sausage and jerky to them. The lander owner who's land I take my game from I also buy them a bottle of there fav liquior. (which he in turn shares with me)

So lets see who has happy land owners??

Rebel Dog 06-14-2005 06:04 AM

RE: Do You Reward landowners for use of land?

Absolutely, Even if they have let me cross there property to fish the river bank. Normally I will stop by on the way out and ask if there is anything that they need or can I help them with, tell them that I appreciate them letting me hunt or fish, can I pick you up something? Let them know if you saw something suspicious or questionable and be sure to close gates behind you.

I personnaly use to use a farmers property to cross to get to a river we fished we even trailered our jon boats over and on the far end next to the river you had to open to fences on each side of a railroad track to cross. Well one day someone didn't shut the gates and one cow was hit by a train and that ended it for everyone!

car 06-14-2005 01:58 PM

Yes I do. I have been giving the landowners gift certificate to restaurants for allowing me to hunt on there land. It get a little expensive if you hunt on several different landowners but it is worth it.

James B 06-14-2005 11:39 PM

I always offer them a couple days of carpenter work for letting me hunt.

rick_reno 06-15-2005 12:21 AM

I would, if I hunted private land.

James B 06-16-2005 01:52 AM

I hunt about 80 percent private land. About half of my hunting is on my own land.

Kriesis 06-16-2005 05:27 AM

On the other end, my family usually lets a couple of our family friends hunt our land--and since we do our own hunting, we don't really need the extra meat--but it is always nice to get the thanks you's and anything extra (for example, our one friend brought us a 6-pack of beer the one day for after the hunt), nothing very expensive, but it just showed that he was thankful of us letting him use the land. Goes a long way for future hunts!

ShatoDavis 06-16-2005 09:08 AM

Their reward is the pleasure of my company.:D I've found that respect for their land and a thank you is all most landowners want. I've bought a few dinner. I don't always feel comfortable offering beer or such. I'm afraid I might offend them, if they don't drink.

Hunter06FlKy 06-16-2005 09:46 AM

i haven't had the need too. i've always hunted on my family's property. but starting this year i am. since i'll be hunting on at least one other farm.

max the dog 06-18-2005 07:52 PM

Be carefull handing out beverages. The first year my brother in law and I used this farmers property to hunt ducks we both chiped in and bought him a very nice bottle of scotch whisky. It was about a $60 bottle of 15 year old single malt and smooth as silk. A very nice gift for anyone, if they drink. This farmer didn't touch the stuff and was offended that we offered it. Some people are that way.