Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Here is a good one! What say the liberals of Kalifornia?Spyro/Jacko? >

Here is a good one! What say the liberals of Kalifornia?Spyro/Jacko?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Here is a good one! What say the liberals of Kalifornia?Spyro/Jacko?

Old 05-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Here is a good one! What say the liberals of Kalifornia?Spyro/Jacko?

i can think of one big reason i dont like the price of non resident tags here. it ensures that a lot of good people may not be able to afford to hunt in wyoming, but all the rich, uppity, know it all, im better than you jerkweeds get first dibs. i dont mind sharing, its just who i share with that sometimes bugs me.

in my years in the field, i have met a lot of people. some were really pathetic. some were great.
i liked the great ones a lot better.
wish they were all i had to deal with.

that being said, a lot of the jerkweeds were residents, so.........
Old 05-27-2005, 10:13 PM

Default RE: Here is a good one! What say the liberals of Kalifornia?Spyro/Jacko?

$493 for an elk tag or $273 for a deer isn't that high. It isn't a quest to fill the frig, it is a hunting trip! The demand outstrips the supply every year and on average, the hunters that draw are far from millionares. If I wanted to hunt another state $493 would not deter me from doing it.

I have two retired teachers from Nebraska coming to hunt with me this fall. They drew cow tags, 100% for nonresidents. Two tanks of gas and the $493 and they are hunting. Still a bargain in anyones book. I met both of the guys on a hunting forum and both wanted to try elk. So I invited them to our camp to hunt with me an my sons. They both applied and drew.

I guess everyone wants everything equal, same price, same chance of drawing, no preference to residents. So then everything must follow, tuition, drivers license fees, taxes, hmmmm sounds like communism dream to me.

Why have borders? One big country, no states, no individual state rights.

Well fortunetly, the Ried bill stopped that type of idiology!
Old 05-27-2005, 10:16 PM

one thing about the higher tag price it gets the people who elk hunt just to "get a vacation" off the % ....because the price is just to high! i for one wish resident tags were about $300.00 or more, this would get rid of alot of want-to-be resident applicants... i wish i knew how many residents got a tag and never went out to hunt?[&o]this would also give a true hunter ( someone who lives to hunt) a better chance of drawing a now 10%-15% tag to more than ?50% i don't know but it would have to help! just my 2 cents!
Old 05-28-2005, 07:27 PM

Manboy I don't understand why you don't move to a good hunting state and quit your cryin' about what the other fellah has. You make your choice of residence now live with it or move.
Old 05-28-2005, 08:32 PM

This thread was about Condaleeza Rice and her support of the 2nd amendment. I thought it was good for every one to know about and read her reply's on Larry King. How it ever got over to nonresident hunting again is beyond me! Maybe it was bothering Spyro that a conservative, african american female, could take such a stance! Or the fact that the Reid bill is now law, he just can't get over it!
Old 05-31-2005, 12:07 PM

ORIGINAL: King of All Morons

This thread was about Condaleeza Rice and her support of the 2nd amendment. I thought it was good for every one to know about and read her reply's on Larry King. How it ever got over to nonresident hunting again is beyond me! Maybe it was bothering Spyro that a conservative, african american female, could take such a stance! Or the fact that the Reid bill is now law, he just can't get over it!
Well King of All Morons,

If you wanted it to be about Condaleeza Rice, you should have left me out of the title...

But like a child rushing home to share the fact that he made his first freethrow, like the little obsessed that you are, you always have daddy Spyro on your mind.

Anyway, your moronic takes... your lack of wit... your homophobia... It is quite easy to see how two of Wyoming's finest sons would see it fit to lynch 5'2" 105lb Matthew Sheppard because he was gay.

But you can continue with your Jacko cracks, like child molestation is a laughing matter, and your other moronic one liners that you, and you alone, find humorous.

If find it humorous that you push the view of the religous right but do it with exclusionism and hate... funny thing, I am a registered Republican... when I am not in the outdoors, the Lord's real church, I goto church on Sundays...

yet, I have none of the hate that you have in your heart...

Where did you get it from?
Old 05-31-2005, 12:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Here is a good one! Wonder what the liberals of Kalifornia say?Spyro?

ORIGINAL: SpyroAndes

If it was basic supply and demand, they would raise resident prices as well or are all hunts in wyoming undersubscribed?

Btw, your reasoning that they price the tags high for non-resident hunters to limit non-resident hunters is assinine... There is a quota system in place to limit the number of non-resident hunters. The pricing of the tag has ZERO impact on the number of tags issued to non-residents.

As for revenue for management, why should 25% of the hunter pool generate 75% of the revenue for management?

Don't forget about politics. In my state wildlife officials are elected by RESIDENTS. So residents stay happy with lower prices to hunt their own backyard and much NEEDED revenue comes for non-residents.

As to why 25% of the pool pay 75% of the cost. Again supply and demand. A non-resident pays it year after year. It's that simple. There are a million guys competing for 100 tags. If you refuse to pay the high price someone else will. It's a great way to keep residents happy and hunting but pay for high management costs.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:07 PM

Default RE: Here is a good one! Wonder what the liberals of Kalifornia say?Spyro?

ORIGINAL: rather_be_huntin

Don't forget about politics. In my state wildlife officials are elected by RESIDENTS. So residents stay happy with lower prices to hunt their own backyard and much NEEDED revenue comes for non-residents.

As to why 25% of the pool pay 75% of the cost. Again supply and demand. A non-resident pays it year after year. It's that simple. There are a million guys competing for 100 tags. If you refuse to pay the high price someone else will. It's a great way to keep residents happy and hunting but pay for high management costs.
Believe me I'll never forget about the political implications regarding any policy formulated by a political official.

Actually, I don't think that I'd be over stating it one bit, If I said "the only reason for the discrepency between resident and non-resident pricing is because the non-resident has no avenue of recourse against the price increases."

If anyone actually believes that they have jacked up non-resident rates for any other reason other than it is the only way they can increase revenues without angering voters (residents)... they are being niave.

I just find it amusing that so many self professed republicans are fight so hard for what is essentially a government subsidy... doesn't sound very republican to me...

It would be interesting to find out how many of them are in favor of socialized medicine or how many are already using one of our many socialized medical systems...
Old 05-31-2005, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

Spyro,

I get the point you feel picked on by the states that have increased NR tag prices. Have you stopped hunting out of State? I am not trying to pick a fight with you but I think I read that you are coming to my home state, Montana, this fall. If you are willing to pay the price then what incentive does a resident like myself have to keep your tags lower.

NR come here every year and hunt. I host many of them and help those who ask me for help many complain about the price of NR tags but they are all willing to come back the following year, pay the big bucks and hunt again. What is the solution to this?

Also I find it curious you are so up in arms about how states treat NR hunters when you come from a state that doesn't even allow NR hunters to apply for some species.

Nemont
Old 05-31-2005, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just find it amusing that so many self professed republicans are fight so hard for what is essentially a government subsidy... doesn't sound very republican to me...
I don't believe many consider what the "republican" or "democrat" thing to do is when it comes to LOCAL issues of this importance. Besides, I think most are so dissapointed and disenfranchised by politics that they really don;t care if they are a good "republican" or "democrat"...most people just vote on the basis of their feelings on a few specific issues anyway. They don't consider towing the party line----gimme a break

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.