Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Here is a good one! What say the liberals of Kalifornia?Spyro/Jacko? >

Here is a good one! What say the liberals of Kalifornia?Spyro/Jacko?

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Here is a good one! What say the liberals of Kalifornia?Spyro/Jacko?

Old 05-23-2005, 07:20 AM

Default RE: Here is a good one! Wonder what the liberals of Kalifornia say?Spyro?

What right does a state have, to charge different rates for non-resident sportsmen?

If you're hunting in another country, that's one thing...

AMERICANS should be able to hunt ANYWHERE they want in AMERICA.

"This land is your land, this land is my land... " that BS line oughtta be struck out of the song. [X(]
Old 05-23-2005, 08:33 AM

Default RE: Here is a good one! Wonder what the liberals of Kalifornia say?Spyro?

ORIGINAL: finder

What right does a state have, to charge different rates for non-resident sportsmen?
Do you see where you are going here? The Federal Government makes all the decisions, might as well throw away the state governments, they would be powerless, and just a waste of money. Of course the counties wouldn't need a Board of Supervisors, the cities wouldn't need a Mayor or Council, and if your dog got loose it would be a Federal offense. [:'(]
Old 05-23-2005, 08:51 AM

This is getting to be a waste of air. There were a handful of non-resident hunters like Finder and Spyro that were supportive of the USO/Montoya decision and against the Reid bill. It is over and 90% of the people voted that you were wrong so no amount of opining and whining is going to change things. The animals are the state's issue and you will play by each states rules or stay home. Want the feds to run everything there is always Canada or France to move to.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:34 PM

ORIGINAL: gleninAZ

This is getting to be a waste of air. There were a handful of non-resident hunters like Finder and Spyro that were supportive of the USO/Montoya decision and against the Reid bill. It is over and 90% of the people voted that you were wrong so no amount of opining and whining is going to change things. The animals are the state's issue and you will play by each states rules or stay home. Want the feds to run everything there is always Canada or France to move to.
I am still against the Reid Bill... it set a horrible precident for discrimination against fellow Americans without any reasoning behind it.

I can understand charging non-resident students more money to attend a state university because the taxpayers of that state payed into that system already.

I have yet to hear anything resembling a coherant argument as to why non-residents should be so heavily discriminated against, by the different state wildlife departments, when it comes to hunting. It is not like a single taxpayer dollar has ever made it to the state wildlife system.

What do you think would happen if non-residents of a state had to pay 10x the "resident rate" for traffic violations because of their non-residency? I mean residents foot some of the bill for enforcement.

What do you think would happen if a non-resident went to the emergency room and they (or the insurance company) had to pay 10x the "resident rate" for hospital care because of their non-residency? I mean residents foot some of the bill for healthcare.

What do you think would happen if a non-resident went to a forest or park and had to pay 10x the "resident rate" for use of that forest/park because of their non-residency? I mean residents foot some of the bill for management.

What do you think would happen if non-residents of a state had to pay 10x the "resident rate" for food because of their non-residency? I mean residents foot some of the bill for workman's comp and etc.

What do you think would happen if non-residents of a state had to pay 10x the "resident rate" for gasoline because of their non-residency? I mean residents foot some of the bill for enforcement and maintanance.

Again, tell me why non-residents should pay 10x the "resident rate" to hunt or fish a state because of their non-residency?

And after that...

Tell me why do non-resident ALIENS have the same right to hunt federal lands in the vast majority of these states as a non-resident US citizen?

SA.

PS. If the bill wasn't passed by the senate and house... it would have been akin to car salesmen turning away a potential buyer by saying "you already have a nice car so get out of here". It would have went against the very core of their being.
Old 05-23-2005, 07:29 PM

What's that noise? Is my AC on the fritz? Nope, just old Spyro whining like a dog crappin' carpet tacks. You lost this one big time so better just put your efforts into one of the many carpetbagger groups pushing landowner tags and otherwise wanting to whore out hunting to the highest bidders.
Old 05-24-2005, 12:30 PM

ORIGINAL: gleninAZ

What's that noise? Is my AC on the fritz? Nope, just old Spyro whining like a dog crappin' carpet tacks. You lost this one big time so better just put your efforts into one of the many carpetbagger groups pushing landowner tags and otherwise wanting to whore out hunting to the highest bidders.

You might not live in hell but you have a wonderful view of it... if your AC was on the fritz, the sound of your skin sizzling would remove any doubt. So stop pretending...

As for carpetbaggers, I figure that you must be refering to the true meaning... Highly educated individuals that brought vital capital to a dying economy. They overthrew the crippled plantation regime and replaced it with a healthy industry. They improved education, infrastructure and roads. Basically responsible for the recontruction of the south.

It is interesting that the meaning of carpetbagger that you are using is from the white southerners that viewed them as a threat to the status-quo and feared that, along with the carpetbaggers, will come racial equality.

As for whoring out hunting, these states are already doing that... if they weren't, they would not sell any tags to non-residents or, if they did, the limited non-resident tags would be the same price as the resident... These states (read: the politicians to keep the residents in their favor) are like some broke putz willing to whore out his old lady for that rent/monthly expense money so he can get a free ride.

Anyway... I'll let you go back to roasting brain cells and day dreaming about you upcoming weekend in San Diego, San Francisco, Napa or anywhere cooler than Scottsdale.

SA
Old 05-25-2005, 03:31 PM

Life is hard Spyro, then you die, and go to Fresno.
Old 05-25-2005, 05:45 PM

Again, tell me why non-residents should pay 10x the "resident rate" to hunt or fish a state because of their non-residency?

I bet your an only child!
Old 05-25-2005, 06:33 PM

ORIGINAL: RandyA

I bet your an only child!
Sorry Princess, you'd lose that bet...

Again, I have yet to hear a legitimate reason as to why non-residents should pay 10x more than residents for tags.

If you want to favor residents by restricting non-resident hunting, do it. I can atleast see the reasoning behind why.

However, why should two people pay different amounts for a service, which isn't funded from the state's general fund (taxes) but rather from the people using the service, pay drastically different amounts based upon residency status.

I understand that they do it because the non-resident has no recourse because they can't vote in that state and they subsidize hunting for the residents.

But what would be the reasoning behind the practice other than just exploitation for the sack of exploitation...

Anybody want to chime in as to why?

SA

PS. Randy, you can stop sweating and trembling... I don't expect you to answer any of my questions. It seems from your posts that turning on the computer is a big enough challenge for you.
Old 05-25-2005, 08:26 PM

You pay more becuase you don't live here. Not like you do in Idaho and Kalifornia where you claim residence in two states.

Why shouldn't some one, who does not pay taxes, buy gasoline, pay for utillities,pay rent, buy a home, buy cookies and candy from the scouts, magazines from the high school kids, buy groceries 365 days a year, go to school programs,work, go to church,buy cars, support all types of local businesses, pay more for a license?

What special privelege do you feel you earn to have the same rights as us who live in our states? You don't and you won't! If you don't get your way file a law suit! Other wise you need to seek some counseling and mental help to get over it! Talk with your shrink, the one you see about your anxiety attacks and desire to dress like a woman!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.