Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Big Game Hunting
 Forgot to send in my for my tags... >

Forgot to send in my for my tags...

Community
Big Game Hunting Moose, elk, mulies, caribou, bear, goats, and sheep are all covered here.

Forgot to send in my for my tags...

Old 05-11-2005, 11:31 AM

Default Forgot to send in my for my tags...

For the second time in three years I missed Montana's sheep/goat/moose deadline. Once again I had it in my head that the deadline was june 1, and it is May 2. Deer, elk, antelope are June 1. I am so peed off. Got on MFWP website this morning and was sick to discover my error. Do I lose my points if I don't apply? Anyone from Montana please let me know.[&o]
Old 05-11-2005, 02:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Forgot to send in my for my tags...

Muley,
I belive if you miss 2 consecitive years you lose your points,or if you miss 2 years total,not shure.I know they hold your points for 2 years if you don't aply after 2 years the go nul'n'void.
BBJ
Old 05-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

OH NO!
It's almost as bad as not remembering your anniversary and I have never done that[]
Here is what it say's about bonus points...........
Bonus points are accumulated independently for each species and only for "first -choice" districts. An applicant may skip two concurrent years of participation without forfeiting accumulated points, but if an applicant skips the third year--or has errors that eliminate the applicant from the drawing--all accumulated points will be lost. There is an exemption for Montana residents with full-time active military status.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

That blows.[]
I sent in for Moose, Antelope, Ellk & Deer long before the deadline.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Why can't states standardize the dates for which the applications are due? It seems like every state has a different deadline for each species, except for Nevada. I have the middle of April memorized as the time when I have to apply for big game tags. I usually apply as soon as everything gets in the mail, or is available over the internet, and as soon as I get my hunting license for the year so I can apply.
Old 05-11-2005, 07:49 PM
Fork Horn

close to this for me, once i paid with a check to the wyoming game and fish. anyway, a scammer company got ahold of my checking account info and took a bunch of money, unknown to me. anyway, the check for my elk and antelope tags bounced. so when i got the notice from my bank i had bounced a check i called them, and we figured it out. the bank of course has insurance, i had the money immediatly put back into my account (dont know what the bank every did with the hartford auto insurance whatever they claimed to be that i had never even heard of), but then when i called the game and fish to tell them what happened, even though the drawing was 3 weeks away, their deadline had already passed and they wouldnt let me send a money order, they said i was just out. i was devestated.
the moral of the story, no matter how responsible you are, pay with a money order if possible. like i said before, i had no idea this was happening until it was too late

brad
Old 05-12-2005, 11:51 AM

it wouldn't matter anyway huntnmuleys, u wouldn't shoot! lol

u mean not this year right! well if so i guess u could watch me shoot an elk! i could use someone to gut it!
Old 05-12-2005, 12:35 PM
Typical Buck

You won't lose your preference points for missing one year. The rule says two consecutive years, but I applied for bighorn tags for a couple years then lost interest, that was three years ago and they still send me the little postcard saying I have two preference points.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:11 AM

Well at least I won't lose my points. Another year w/o a moose tag though.[&o] I'm starting to doubt whether or not I will ever get a tag. My buddys dad in Plains has drawn twice in ten years for moose, once for sheep, and his other son has drawn one sheep and one moose, go figure.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Muley,
Theres a local guy here that has drawn 3 moose tags,and 2 sheep tags.Now thats' unfair,a buddy of mine last year drew a moose down on the wise river,came home with a 52 incher.I got to see Montana's new state record last year it was @ Timber land Taxidermy 62 inch brusier came from Babb.
BBJ

Quick Reply: Forgot to send in my for my tags...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.