Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
Team 7 ~ Roost Raiders >

Team 7 ~ Roost Raiders

The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 7 ~ Roost Raiders

Old 04-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on your turkey also TheinesPines. Todays weather sucks..last night we received a good 1/4" of ice from freezing rain and about 2" of snow. Haven't seen any turkeys around yet in the areas I usually hunt so I'm starting to think this season may not be worth a crap!! Got just little over a week and its season(April 22). Hopefully the temps will warm some and get them moving around more but time will tell..
Old 04-12-2013, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for all the kind words, it was an unforgettable hunt!
Tomorrow and Sunday I'm "guiding" my friend and my 10 yr old daughter.... Maybe I'll get to squeak one more bird in!
Old 04-15-2013, 11:51 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats Pines and Donnie !!!

Weather has been crappy here in Iowa... Hoping the weather gets better soon, Gettin that turkey huntin fever purdy bad.. Looks like weather should improve alot next week... This week looks like crap..
Old 04-16-2013, 06:04 AM
Fork Horn

it was cold and rainy on opening day here so I skipped it.... drove past 3 of my spots and ALL THREE had strutters out doin their thing in the freezing rain!!!
Old 04-16-2013, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

Any luck on the hunts you guided for ??
Old 04-16-2013, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BigCountryHunter
Any luck on the hunts you guided for ??

Sat we bagged a nice 3 yr old gobbler, but Sunday my daughter got skunked! I am really impressed with her attitude... after 5 hours of sitting and seeing ZILCH, she says "oh well, we'll get em next time"!

Secured a "honey-hole" for this next Sat to try and get her on one... we ain't givin up!!
Old 04-19-2013, 08:08 AM
Spike

Anyone out having any luck? I may be adding an extra weekend of hunting. I will be running out to the west side of WI mid may for some tree planting on our property so lets hope we can knock one more down out there!

Where is everyone else at?
Any idea how to get our birds on the score board?
Pines
Old 04-19-2013, 11:34 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats! What a nice looking Tom, and a great hunt!

I went out hunting fri-sun, the first area private prop. owners had the road blocked off the second area I just saw a few tracks. The third area I went to I heard target shooting and headed into the woods after about 30 ft. I heard a shot( target shooting) followed by a gobble close by.
I set up and called but to no avail.
I found away into the turkey woods getting around the road blocks so I will try this wed. to see if the flock is still there on N.F. land. If not I'll head south to another new area.
Old 04-19-2013, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

Well have a 3 day weekend coming up, hopefully I can put one on the board. Good luck folks.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:36 PM
Fork Horn

I haven't started hunting yet... I passed on the 1st and 2nd Iowa seasons cause the weather... Im hunting 3rd and 4th seasons.. Which really the 1st n 2nd are only 9 days of hunting total.. The 3rd and 4th are 26 days total.. 3rd starts Wednesday.

I hunted the later seasons last year and it was pretty tough cause the early spring we had.. This year I think it'll be pretty dang good hopefully with all the crappy weather we have had recently and cooler temps. Suppose to clear up and warm up alot later on this week..

Cant wait I got the fever bad..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.