Team 5 ~ Hang em High

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 5 ~ Hang em High

Old 04-23-2013, 10:11 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Well, today sure didn't go as planned!
Got out there this morn, weather was perfect and i was fired up. As daylight broke i heard a gobble, waaayyyy of to the west in a place i've yet to hear any come from. Then another and another. Nothing from the roost where my birds are supposed to be. Needless to say it didn't take me long to figure out that those were my birds! They were in my feild last nite within an hour of roosting time, i can't beleive they went as far as they did befor dark. I sure hope that just something spooked em or something and took them that far away and that they will be back. I sat till about 1 and never seen anything.Family plans are gonna limit my hunting the next couple days, should be able to get out tomorrow and thursday nite, but won't get another morning in till possibly friday. Today really took the wind out of my sails! But i'm sure i'll be ready to get back after em by tomorrow afternoon.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

Nice job snapper.
Way to go j76, your dad must be proud. I know you are.

Keep at it guys, I know some more birds will be added to the team score soon.

John
Old 04-23-2013, 12:53 PM
Boone & Crockett

Perhaps they have left the area for a few days without that big tom around to guide them back. They will come back though after taking a 3 or 4 day break probably. They could be back as recently as tomorrow as the food source is there. But, I speculate they may travel away for a couple of days. Do you have another area to try while you wait for their return? It maybe something to concider..

I am still itching for Monday morning to hurry up and get here.. LOL I can hardly wait for a chance to blast a cap on one of those I have been seeing.. LOL I love to watch them strut just before the bang..
Old 04-23-2013, 02:18 PM
Banned

have tagged out for many many years
Old 04-23-2013, 02:20 PM
Banned

thanks guys. i know he was not a high scoring bird but my moto is if he is a long beard i am shooting him!

Phil. sorry i mistook your messing with me, for being not nice.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:25 PM
Banned

j76. do not worry out those birds they will be back. most likly a coyote or a person spooked the just before roost time. seen it happen mnay times.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:40 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Hope so Snapper, thats what i was thinking. Quite the impressive collection ya got there!
Phil, good luck "blasting a cap on one"!!!!! :happy 0157:
Sorry, hate to make fun of ya, but thats funny right there i don't care who ya are!
Hopefully my birds will be back tomorrow nite and i can maybe "bust a cap in one" of em!!
Again Phil, hope ya don't take offense to me pokin at ya, good luck bud!
Old 04-23-2013, 03:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by snapper1982
thanks guys. i know he was not a high scoring bird but my moto is if he is a long beard i am shooting him!

Phil. sorry i mistook your messing with me, for being not nice.
I agree with you snapper! If a long beard comes strutting my way and it is in range it will be going down.. LOL I can not see the spurs well enough to say wait a minute lets see if it is a winner.. A long bearded bird is a long bearded bird IMO..

I am sorry for messing with you, I could not help it as Mottz and I was wanting to see those pics. So I decided to have a little fun..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 04-24-2013 at 11:42 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:10 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bornagain64
Nice job snapper.
Way to go j76, your dad must be proud. I know you are.

Keep at it guys, I know some more birds will be added to the team score soon.

John
Thanks John, was just thinking, my top 3 most memorable hunts. One involves a miss by my buddies kid, and the other 2 were also with someone other than me behind the trigger. Dads hunt yesterday being one of the 3
Old 04-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by j76
Hope so Snapper, thats what i was thinking. Quite the impressive collection ya got there!
Phil, good luck "blasting a cap on one"!!!!! :happy 0157:
Sorry, hate to make fun of ya, but thats funny right there i don't care who ya are!
Hopefully my birds will be back tomorrow nite and i can maybe "bust a cap in one" of em!!
Again Phil, hope ya don't take offense to me pokin at ya, good luck bud!
No worry about poking a little fun.. I do this to from time to time.. Trueth is I am now having a hard time waiting for the chance to blast a cap at one.. It is something I love to see as they drop to the ground.. I have been seeing quite a few toms and the green grass is just coming up here now.

I hope the birds come right back for you as well. If not give them a couple of days and they will come in a running..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.