Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
 Team 13--" Struttin Stuffers "! >

Team 13--" Struttin Stuffers "!

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 13--" Struttin Stuffers "!

Old 03-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Team 13--" Struttin Stuffers "!

I've got 3 tags for Washington State. Going to try for a "Washington Slam" - 1ea of an Eastern, Merriam, & Rio Grande. I also received a "Swarm" Choke & "Shooter's Friend" recoil pad from Clark Bush at www.allaboutshooting.com There are three Gobblers in WA State that are in serious trouble! Team Struttin' Stuffers ALL THE WAY!!!!!
Old 03-15-2008, 05:04 AM

Ive got two tags for MO and after i get my first one out of the way with my bow then ill go to the Mossberg.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I made up my secret weapon today.

I took an old Jake decoy and cut off his tail. Then I put and old jake fan I had laying around and put it on a hinge. I screwed the hinge to a board and put the board inside the decoy. I have fishing line run thru his neck to raise and lower the fan.

I saw this on Hunsuckers HB S.1 Video and the big gobblers tear them up. Gonna sse how it works on my place.
Old 03-18-2008, 08:21 PM
Typical Buck

jmbuckhunter, where are you hunting in MO so I don't shoot that Hinge Butt Gobbler....[&o]

Turkey Fife

Old 03-19-2008, 04:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Turkey Fife

jmbuckhunter, where are you hunting in MO so I don't shoot that Hinge Butt Gobbler....[&o]

Turkey Fife
National Forest Land around Fredericktown. But I don't think I'll bring him along there. We puton way too many miles to be carrying him all that way.

He is for my property in IL.
Old 03-21-2008, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man where is everybody from our team? Our thread was slipping dangerously close to the bottom of the page. I thought I would rescue it.

Soooooo, has anyone heard any gobbling in MO or IL with this warm weather lately? I was gonna go out tomorrow morning and listen/scout. But a guy wants to come look at a car I have for sale. Are the Toms getting in the mood?
Old 03-21-2008, 06:49 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

Man where is everybody from our team? Our thread was slipping dangerously close to the bottom of the page. I thought I would rescue it.

Soooooo, has anyone heard any gobbling in MO or IL with this warm weather lately? I was gonna go out tomorrow morning and listen/scout. But a guy wants to come look at a car I have for sale. Are the Toms getting in the mood?
Olympia, WA - & the Toms are already rarin' to go!
Old 03-23-2008, 04:40 AM
JW
Super Moderator

It was decided by contest managers to add all new alternates, 1 or two to each teamrather thancreate a totally new team.

Please do welcome new team members. This is a fun event open to all both young and old, seasoned veterans and those just strating out.

Good luck - Safe Hunting to all!

JW
Old 03-23-2008, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

The turkeys were gobbling in the snow this morning on my property. There were at least 6 Toms gobblin on my property and I could here more on the neighbors. I am pumped now.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

around my house all I have seen this winter is a flock of hens that stick around all year. i never see any toms. but this spring break i wanna get around here some mornings and listen or find a new place to hunt.

Quick Reply: Team 13--" Struttin Stuffers "!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.