Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
 Team 12 BEARD BUSTERZ >

Team 12 BEARD BUSTERZ

The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 12 BEARD BUSTERZ

Old 03-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Team 12 Sign in

Great mount!!! Went out scouting twice this weekend. No turkeys have moved to our farm yet which is typical. Anyway I found 8 sheds on Friday and 3 more on Sunday. It was the most I have ever found. Ill try to get some pics when the wife gets home from work.
Old 03-18-2008, 05:38 PM

ORIGINAL: johnst43

Great mount!!! Went out scouting twice this weekend. No turkeys have moved to our farm yet which is typical. Anyway I found 8 sheds on Friday and 3 more on Sunday. It was the most I have ever found. Ill try to get some pics when the wife gets home from work.

Lucky!!! I havent found a single one yet this year and i have definatelly never found 8 in one session. Do any of them show much promise for next year?
Old 03-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Fork Horn

Wyo---Ya I know I feel lucky to find that many. LOL The biggest one I found both sidesof and should be real nice. It already is an 11 pointer with a split brow tine. Nice mass as well. I will try to get some pics up to show ya. I only found a couple that were real small like spikes or forks. Most of them were okay. Squirells(sp) or mice had gotten to a couple of them.
Old 03-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

Seen about 20 birds today in Pike County Indiana. Didn't have my Bino's or camera with me[8D]
Old 03-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Fork Horn

finally starting to see some turkeys around my house. had one strutting in the neighbors field today but by the time i figured out the 800x zoom on my camcorder he was back into the woods.now i only gotta wait 23 days until season starts. WAAAAAHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO TEAM BEARD BUSTERZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ !!!
Old 03-23-2008, 09:19 AM

Yep I'm trying to get everything together and buy all the last little things I need. I can't wait!
Old 03-24-2008, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

Glad you guys are seeing some birds. Been pretty slow for me. Some close by but not on our property. They always seem to show up during season so I hope it works out that way again!
Old 03-24-2008, 02:39 PM
JW
Super Moderator

TEAM #12 Beard Busterz
1 dog killer 1 60.375
2 ExtraDeadFred 1 60.5000
3 farm hunter 1 32
4 jasuz61
5 johnst43 1 51.25
6 MdDave
7 tkycaller CAPTAIN1 60.125 57.5
8 Tuco
9 wis_rifle_hunter
10 WYObowfisher
11 bwhunter501 1 62
11 TOTAL TEAM BIRDS TAKEN 6
Total Points 326.2500 326.2500 57.5
Team Rank 29.6591%

Above listed is your current Team Number, Team Name, Captain, and all registered Team Members to date.
Both Arrowmaster and JW!will be collecting Team member’s Big Turkeys harvested as posted by your Team Captain from the Captains Post Scores here link.[/b]. [TEAM CAPTAINS USE THIS LINK TO POST SCORES http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2707647
Team members MUST alert their Captain, once they have harvested a legal bird, by posting all birds shot on the Team Thread.
From Rules – (click on this link to read more – we are paraphrasing here http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2557474)

1. Only turkeys legally harvested, according to that states regulations during that states 2008 Spring season can be entered

2. You must post a pictures of your turkey toprove authenticity ofthe killPicture of Beard – Beards if more than one AND Spurs can be included

3. Do write a short story and include when (date-time), where (state-county if known), and what weapon you used (a brief description of your hunt – a brief description of weapon used for the kill when you post a picture.

4. Make sure in your article to include, weight (pounds and ounces), length of beard(s) (longest strand measured from base of the beard to the tip of the longest strand) Note all fractions need to be in decimal form - Conversion table and how to measure spurs can be found on this – click here 2008 HNI rules page 2 http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2557474&mpage=2&key=

Multiple bearded birds add all beard measurements together (must see beards in picture)
WRITE DOWN ALL DATA FROM ABOVE – USE IT IN POINT 8 BELOW

5. If you need help posting a picture ask a team mate or ask us. We are here to help.

6. If you aren't able to score your quarry for whatever reason, identify if your bird as a Hen, Bearded Hen, Jake, or Tom, and you can use this tableif you're unable to score:
Hens 10 points, Bearded Hens 15 points, Jakes 20 points, Gobblers 30 points ( difference between Gobbler or Jake will be made based on a clear picture of the tail fan extended as if in strut – tail attached to the bird)

7. Only one legal bird per registered Team member can be used for the Team’s total points. If you shoot more than one bird do alert your captain -do post according to above However – Your Team Total Score is based from each Team Member’s biggest bird – not the average.
THIS IS THE TEAM CAPTAIN’S RESPONSIBILITY!

8. THE OFFICIAL HNI TURKEY SCORING CALCULATOR
JUST CLINK ON THE LINK BELOW
http://www.nwtf.org/all_about_turkeys/turkey_score.html

9. IF YOU NEED HELP, SEE SOMETHING WRONG OR AN ERROR CONTACT US! Arrowmaster - JW!
Old 03-26-2008, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, I finally got off the couch after I crawled out of the bed I have been in the last three days!!! I have beeen sick, sick, sick.
Took a walk behind the house and found a nice gobbler print. No other sign but at least that made me feel a little better.
Old 03-28-2008, 09:27 AM
Typical Buck

Going to try and do some serious scouting next week, looks like the cold weather is gone for a while!

Quick Reply: Team 12 BEARD BUSTERZ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.