Team 2 ..."Tommy Knockers" >

Team 2 ..."Tommy Knockers"

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 2 ..."Tommy Knockers"

Old 03-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Team 2 Sign In...

Everyone start practicing their calling yet? My name is Tim, and I live in Minnesota. I am a full time taxidermist and will be hunting Wisconsin May 7-11. Probably will just be taking my bow this year and leave the gun home.
Old 03-04-2008, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator

Tim good to meet ya and have you on our team.
Old 03-04-2008, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've got a bit of time to practice calling Tim, my season opens April 25.
How about you guys, who's hunting 1st?
Old 03-04-2008, 04:06 PM
Typical Buck

March 29th is youth day here, full season starts April 1st.

Team capt and name don't bother me, I'm with the crowd. Just let me know where to post it if take one.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

All right team .... this is my plan , I'm gonna use my Double Bull T5 blind on the edge of a clearing with these Bobble Head maiting pair and feeding hen within 15 yards one off to my left and the other to my right.
Wait for day break and start off with a soft tree yelp followed by a fly down cackle and then use my Hurricane by Quaker Boy for some love sick hen yelps and clucks.
With any luck that old boss tom will come running within bow range and I'll get that shot.

Attachment (1)
Old 03-04-2008, 09:15 PM

I am here ya'll sorry it has been so long
Old 03-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Al VonGunden here. Im a 18 y/o college student majoring in conservation and taxidermy. Have killed a few birds in my day but this year im going to buckle down and go to work. I know of a few flocks around that i will be studying hard. May 1st for me, good luck guys looking foreward to meeting you all!
Old 03-05-2008, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome Al, how'd you fare through this latest storm?

I'm really starting to worry about the deer and turkey I hunt. This winter has been brutal with deep snow, freezing rain causing crusts on the snow, and extreme cold weather. The winter started early and is running late. Toronto is close to an all time record for snow accumulation in one winter, and the private farms I hunt north of the city are in snow belts that get alot more than we do down here.

I know the deer should be OK, but I can't imagine what the turkey are eating, they sure aren't scratching down to bare ground. I haven't been able to get up to the farm since Christmas, if I can make it this weekend I'll try to use a snowmachine to pack down an area and throw out 50lbs of corn. I'm sure its legal, as long as there is none in the area 6 weeks from now.

Edit: I'm not a baiter, never have been. I'm just worried about a huge winter kill this year.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lucky for me i live in the heart of cow country, this means corn. We have had a fair amount of snow but also have a ton of grain fields and such. The latest warm spell really helped. I think the birds will make it just fine...i hope!
Old 03-05-2008, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

Good evening Team 2! This be Bluegunner, signing in! I'm looking forward to participating with you younguns (celebrated my 66th birthday this last year). I'm from Minnesota and been hunting the Willy Turk for a number of years. Have taken several Easterns 24# and over, have several Merrians and last spring my first Rio from Texas and an Eastern from Michigan with 1 1/2 spurs. Sometime before I have to hang up my camo I hope to make it to Flordia and take an Osceola. Looks like I will be hunting Mn., Neb., and possible Wisc.. Wish you all the best of luck and hope we all have nice 3-5 year old Toms in front of our guns this year!

Quick Reply: Team 2 ..."Tommy Knockers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.