Team 2 ..."Tommy Knockers" >

Team 2 ..."Tommy Knockers"

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 2 ..."Tommy Knockers"

Old 04-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Team 2 Sign In...

Beezer Congrats on getting us on the board. Great birds both of them. Awesome job buddy.
Old 04-09-2008, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Team 2 Sign In...

Wood Duck Wizard, Glad ya made it n good to have you on the team. I am Dave Wilson aka>>--->deerdust our team captain. If you have any questions or need info, feel free to contact me via PM or email through here. Hope you get one for your boy too. Ya better get him his 1st. LOL
Old 04-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator

Default Pictures of your harvest

When taking pics of your birds: If your using a digital camera, make sure you have it set with the right date, so it can be verified. If you are using a standard 35mm or disposable type, make sure you get a paper with the date clearly marked in the pic with your bird. Thx n Happy Hunting Guys!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Pictures of your harvest

Its nice to see a couple dead birds laying in the back of the truck, good shootin. I just talked to my buddy yesterday and he has been seeing several big toms running around. Hopefully there will be one left for me when I hunt May 7-11, the last three years have been tough for me because the birds get very smart after having been hunted for 3 weeks before I get to hunt.
Old 04-10-2008, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

Congratulation Breezer! Nice birds!
Old 04-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys, it feels good to get that Turkey egg out from beside Team 2 on the scoreboard.

After dropping off the fans, spurs and beardsto a friend who's going to mount them for me it was too late to go back out. He's swapping me mounts for those two, plus finishing the mount from last year in exchange for an Ameristep Doghouse blind I was going to sell him. I made it back out this morning only to find tracks right beside where I had the blind yesterday. The tracks were well bigger than the two I took yesterday, so I know there's another good gobbler out there and he was in the area after I left. I also saw one feeding after the fog burned off, so I'm hoping to at least have a chance for my son to get a bird before the end of the season and maybe pick up one bigger than those.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

it was too late to go back out.
Back out there after a double? How many birds can you take?

Just getting a double is illegal in Ontario, we can buy two tags per season but the kills need to be reported, and we can't use both tags in one day.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

We get five tags statewide, but in the county I live in we can only harvest two birds period. That's not in the entire hunt zone, which comprises parts of several counties, that's just in our county. And we can only bag two per day, so technically I bagged out for the season in the county I live in with one shot....but, I can walk to property I'm allowed to hunt in the next county from my house. So, I still have three tags and can walk over the county line and use them.Plus, my son has five tags to use also. Between the two of us, we can take ten birds per season, which is highly unlikely. Four of those in our county of residence, and the six others can be used in other areas of the state.

My interestnow is improving my hunting skills and getting my son a bird.When he gets his I intend to have a mount and wingbone call made for him.
Old 04-13-2008, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good news up here, I found my missing blind. I was sure that it was stolen but scouting around today I found it laying flat inside a tree line. Its still in good shape, but the corner loops all pulled out, thats why it blew away when I was sure I had it was well secured.
If anyone is looking at Hunters View blinds (mine is a wig-wam) keep that in mind, its pretty sturdy but the corner loops will pull right off.
I didn't find much turkey sign, but the farm should dry up a lot in the next 2-3 weeks, and the landowner saw a pair of hens the other day so I know they are filtering back into the area now that the deep snow is gone.
Yeah haw!!! 1/2 way thru typing this the guy in the basement appartment of the house I rent offered me a home cooked turkey dinner, its not wild turkey but its delicious, I'm trying to keep it of the keyboard
Old 04-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah haw!!! 1/2 way thru typing this the guy in the basement appartment of the house I rent offered me a home cooked turkey dinner, its not wild turkey but its delicious, I'm trying to keep it of the keyboard
LOL And who says trukey is only for holidays??[8D]

Quick Reply: Team 2 ..."Tommy Knockers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.