Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
 Team 2 ..."Tommy Knockers" >

Team 2 ..."Tommy Knockers"

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

Team 2 ..."Tommy Knockers"

Old 04-07-2008, 05:12 PM

Default RE: Team 2 Sign In...

I think I will have to go to plan B for the early season. My main area I hunt does not look like the snow will be gone by the time the season starts. I have another area further South that I scouted last weekend. I found some birds but I am not sure I will be alone there.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:10 PM

Hey guys picked up my license today for turkey hunting april 30 - may 4.
The turkeys have been gobbling in the backyard for the past week or so as well. Cant wait til season.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:00 PM
Typical Buck

Okay guys, we're on the board!! I put down two gobblers this morning at 11:45, pics to follow. The specs on them......1) 18lbs 6oz....8 1/2" beard....both spurs3/4"....50.375 score 2) 22lbs 2oz.....beard 9 7/8"....left spur 1 1/8"...right spur 1 1/4"....65.625 score

I have pics of the birds with the date, but they are now cleaned. I need to know if I need to include a beard and spur measurement pic also, as they have all been cut off but I can still take pics againt a ruler.

Thanks guys, I'll put up pics and a story in a few minutes.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:15 PM
Typical Buck

Here's a pic for you guys. Sorry about the trash bags, the dump was closed yesterday but I did find use for them. Turkey 2, the biggest, is on the left and it's entire fan wasn't up against the bag.

Sorry about the double pic also. Long story short, I'm not working right now..like I said, long story short....so I decided to go out. After dropping everyone off, I made it out about 9:15am and put out my dekes on the power lines at a crossing area so they could be seen from any direction. About 11:30am, during periodic checks while playing with the Blackberry, I noticed a dark spot moving up the power lines at about 200yds. After putting the glasses up I saw two red-heads making their way toward me. They didn't take 10 minutes to make it up to me, with the larger of the two fanning out a couple times but not really strutting. I never got a peep out of either, just cautious looking around. They moved left to right and lined up with the larger in front at about 25yds, and I threw a pile of 12gauge #6 Winchester shot at them. Closest one, #2, suddenly had an attack of jelly-head and dropped where he stood. The other was obviously wounded and kept flopping off into the woods with me chasing. He made it about 40yds before I caught up with him, on his belly with his head out, and put him down. After only getting a jake my first season, this definately makes up for the crap I've put with from work Monday and Tuesday....I feel good, no job, no stress, no headaches, no whiney babies...and two gobblers down in the woods...I'm still pumped!!
Old 04-09-2008, 01:08 PM

I am finally back here!
I am currently in the Canadian Forces and live in the Kingston Ont region.
Have been hunting for 30 years mostly waterfowl. Started hunting Turkeys in 2000. Have been quite successful so far BUT we still are dealing with some snow here and the Toms are not in their usual places!! I will also have my 12 yr old son Drake as an Apprentice hunter this Spring so a Jake might feel the pain even. Glad to be part of the team and hope I can post up a few Pics!!!

Mark
Old 04-09-2008, 01:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Way to go Beezer , congrats on both birds can't wait to see the pictures.
Old 04-09-2008, 02:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome WDW, glad to see another Ontario boy on the team.
If your out of CFB Kingston I've been to your Timmys for coffee. I have a hunting buddy that lives on Kingston Mills Rd, if you ever see a deer hanging from a tree or a guy fleshing out a bear hide just east of the locks thats the place.

Great work Beezer, the way I read the rules you just need a pic of the bird, it only mentions pics of beards and spurs specifically if its non-typical (multiple), but I could be wrong, Deerdust needs to submit the score for you so he'll tell you what he needs.

The snow in my areas is melting quick, I'm not sure if the birds will be back on the farm for the opener, but they will be back before the end of May.
Old 04-09-2008, 07:49 PM

Hey, congrats on the turkeys Beezer.
Old 04-09-2008, 08:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

great birds man! Way to put us on the board....3 weeks and counting for me...
Old 04-09-2008, 08:10 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Hey men - a ale team member checked in and I will alert Deerdust!

welcome

Wood Duck Wizard

JW

Quick Reply: Team 2 ..."Tommy Knockers"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.