Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives
 TEAM 3 FAN-ADDICTS >

TEAM 3 FAN-ADDICTS

The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

TEAM 3 FAN-ADDICTS

Old 04-30-2008, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: TEAM 3 sign in

WOW Mo Bow thats doesnt sound right. I heard at least 8 different birds everyday I hunted in Missouri. I hunted in North central Mo. I know the weather wasnt the greatest but I still heard gobbles. I did see some henned up gobblers though...
Old 05-01-2008, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

Started out this morning on a farm I hunted growing up, but hadn't been out there in about 10 years. Always held a ton of turkeys. Well, things have changed. Didn't see or even hear a bird. I was pretty bummed and decided to head home around 8:30 am. Got half way home and came to my senses. Decided to turn around and check out a piece of public land I hunted a couple times years ago. This was going to be more or less a scouting trip, but I decided to set up on a ridge and call for a few minutes, despite the unexpected rain that had set in. Much to my surprise, I heard some scratching down the hill a ways and spotted a bird. It didn't gobble at all, but was coming. It ended up hanging up about 70 yards out. This was my third time out and I hadn't even heard a gobble. Soooo out of pure desparation, I decided to attempt a stalk, and it frickin' worked out for me. Not a monster by any means, but with our baby coming literally any day now, I figured I'd better put some points on the board for us while I could. "A bird in the hand..." I can tag 2 birds here in MD, so now the pressure is off and I can hold out for big boy.

Weight: 17.5 lbs
Beard: 6 inches
Spurs: 3/4 inch

Did the best I could with the pic. Had to take it myself using the timer. It was raining and my wife would just loooove if I ruined her camera!

Old 05-01-2008, 01:37 PM
Typical Buck

alright another bird
looks like i need to kick it in gear
i stalk on one today it was pretty windy got about 22 yards away but he would clear the thick brush
and just walked away without even anwsering once to my call
was drawn in ths morning and didn't even hear one on the roost it was a bad day
OH by the way missed another one yest. mornig it was kinda of a hail mary shot anyhow
all i know is public land hunting IS GETTING VERY HARD
Old 05-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

NIce job JM!!! Way to get it done. More points is more better for us.
Congrats onthe baby, and a nice bird too!

One of my good buds has taken two birds in situations like you described.He waited 15-20mins afterthe last noise he heard from the hung up toms, and quietly walked up to where he thought he'd heard 'em last and stood still. In both cases thebirdwas less than 40yds from where he was standing. His theory is that the birds hear his steps and wait (or quietly sneak back) to get a look at the "hen" that finally decided to approach the gobbler. Both times, the birds were silent when he saw them.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Typical Buck

well guys sealed the deal finally this afternoon

24 lbs 9 3/4 beard L 15/16 R 7/8 = 61.625

figured i would let you know picture and story later
Old 05-03-2008, 07:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice job jmccoy and hoosier
Old 05-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

well here it is and let me start by saying i earned this bird i have hunted hard this year and am very pround of this bird

but the story is aan easy one i drove out to my new private ground i picked up even though strong storm warnings i said what the hell .
walk out to my spot and set up the dekes , sat down and got comfy.
did some soft callin figure the strong winds would carry my calling a ways away but didn't hear anything
so i got ready for a long wait (was set up about 20 yards from the tree they like to roost in) knowing they would be around sometime and then I heard a distant gobble so i hit the slate again and nothing little bit later like a min. another gobble hit the slate again and nothing so i decided to use the mouth call and every time i called he answered total of maybe 15 mins. of sitting and bird down IT TOOK ME LONGER TO WALK OUT AND SET UP THEN IT DID FOR ME TO CALL THIS BIRD IN

24lbs 9 3/4 beard Rs 7/8 Ls 15/16
src="http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll158/sinkgoal/Picture001.jpg"
Old 05-03-2008, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Hoosier! Nice tom. You earned that joker for sure.
Old 05-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Finally got my second MO bird this morning. I went hunting with a friend who had never been turkey hunting before. I called in a jake, who gobbled like crazy, for him at 0630. He was estatic to get his first turkey, and I was just as escited for him.

We kept on hunting, and at a new setup, around 1030, a longbeard came in silent for me. It was definitely a great hunt today. It always a blast getting someone new into turkey hunting, especially when they have an awesome pice of hunting property .

20lbs, 9 1/2" beard, 1" spurs

Old 05-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

My friends jake

Quick Reply: TEAM 3 FAN-ADDICTS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.