HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - TEAM 3 FAN-ADDICTS
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 08:47 AM
jmccoy_77
Fork Horn

Default RE: TEAM 3 sign in

Started out this morning on a farm I hunted growing up, but hadn't been out there in about 10 years. Always held a ton of turkeys. Well, things have changed. Didn't see or even hear a bird. I was pretty bummed and decided to head home around 8:30 am. Got half way home and came to my senses. Decided to turn around and check out a piece of public land I hunted a couple times years ago. This was going to be more or less a scouting trip, but I decided to set up on a ridge and call for a few minutes, despite the unexpected rain that had set in. Much to my surprise, I heard some scratching down the hill a ways and spotted a bird. It didn't gobble at all, but was coming. It ended up hanging up about 70 yards out. This was my third time out and I hadn't even heard a gobble. Soooo out of pure desparation, I decided to attempt a stalk, and it frickin' worked out for me. Not a monster by any means, but with our baby coming literally any day now, I figured I'd better put some points on the board for us while I could. "A bird in the hand..." I can tag 2 birds here in MD, so now the pressure is off and I can hold out for big boy.

Weight: 17.5 lbs
Beard: 6 inches
Spurs: 3/4 inch

Did the best I could with the pic. Had to take it myself using the timer. It was raining and my wife would just loooove if I ruined her camera!