TEAM 3 FAN-ADDICTS >

TEAM 3 FAN-ADDICTS

Community
The Archives An archive of past HuntingNet Feature Articles

TEAM 3 FAN-ADDICTS

Old 04-19-2008, 03:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: TEAM 3 sign in

Went out for Maryland's opener Friday morning. Was scheduled to get off work at 4am, as always, but a guy called off and I got stuck till 7am, which put me in the woods around 7:30am. Hiked my tail off, but couldn't get a bird to sound off to save my life. Ended up setting up on a ridge top and calling blind for a couple hours. Managed to call in a single hen. [:'(] Got a little excited when I heard the leaves rustling, but oh well. I'll be hitting adifferent propertyWed. and Thurs.mornings. I also have the PA opener coming up. The weather around here is really supposed to warm up next week, so hopefully that'll get 'em talking. Good luck to all with openerscoming up!
Old 04-19-2008, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

Got back from my hunt a little early. I decided not to go to Wy. Because of a buddy's scouting reports. Had a couple of run ins with Minn. hunters on opening day.This has been my worst hunting trip I have had in a long time. Not because of the turkeys , but of unethical and greedy hunters. I shot 2 birds in Montana. I will also be hunting Id. on the weekends along with a 5 day hunt thrown in there.I have got 2 more tags to fill. My best bird is 18.8 lbs 9" beard spurs 5/8 and 9/16. What do I need to do to register? I may have bigger birds coming though.If you want to hear the horror stories let me know. Later Bill
Old 04-19-2008, 03:59 PM

Congrats on your birds Ultimag.

Just post a picture of your best bird in this thread and let me know the stats on him. Or you can wait til you get back from your trip and post up your best bird.

It really stinks that you had a bunch of run-ins with slob hunters. They can really make hunting more stressful that it needs to be.

If you want to post up some stories go ahead...It never ceases to amaze me what people are capable of.[&o]

Old 04-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

Here goes, opening day we are sitting on some roosted birds on private property in which I know we have the only permission.This property borders natl. forest. I have a buddy on one corner and me on the other to protect two potential flydown spots.I hear 2 shots I thought were my buddy.He walks over and no so we go over to see 2 Minn. hunters picking up 2 jakes. I know there were 6 long beards in there. I confront and they give the lame excuse of thinking it was public after crossing a fence with cows in it, And we seen them for a day and a half cruising around the place.They also said that they have hunted there for 8 yrs. I have never seen them before. After the shots I swa 4 birds fly over my head so after the first Fiasco we cross the creek where the birds went and they started gobbling we set up and call one in and shoot it.While the birds were coming in I see a "Hunter" sneaking along the timberline.Luckily he did not spook him. Then he comes walking over after I yell and tell him he is on private property.I tell this guy 3 times it would be in his best interest to turn and walk. He tells me he knows it is private and the fence is just right over there.Then I explain about his buddies and he says that they knocked on the ranchers door to ask permission but no one was home. Explain that one.Then in Wyoming I have a buddy down there hunting when I get the report that the ranch that he hunts is intentionally feeding the turkeys to keep them on there property so that a one armed guide can pay 100 bucks for every bird they kill. My buddy hunts there opening morning with his 12 yr old son. (The only reason he can hunt)His son gets his bird early When they witness the one armed guide pulling in late and driving down the road when his "Client Hunter" jumps out and shoots a bird feeding on some grain pile. How is that for a guided hunt? The moral of this story is unethics and greed are driving me away. Also do not book a hunt with a one armed guide in Wy.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:42 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats on your birds ultimag. Yes youran into unethical hunters. Thats a shame...
Old 04-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok guys, my season starts Monday! Just did some last minute things back in the woods, drove out and had 2 very nice gobblers walking out of the woods (must of scared them off or something). The one had a paintbrush on him. Im pumped. Hopefully ill be bringing some points to this team on monday.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator

See yas in a couple days. Im headed to Missouri in a few hours. Good luck teammates...
Old 04-20-2008, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

Good Luck kds and arrow, Unfortunately I have to work this week but will be out there this weekend. We just got 6 inches of snow yesterday looks more like elk season than turkey season.
Old 04-20-2008, 09:31 AM

Sorry to hear about your troubles ultimag...sometimes it seems like there is nothing you can do to persuade an unethical hunter to do the right things.

On the bright side, I'll be out tomorrow morning in Missouri for the opener. I'll probably come back with some stories too.
Old 04-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Typical Buck

well guys my daughter got her first bird this morning in the indiana youth hunt and it was a good one
24lbs on the money he sported a 10 5/8 beard with 3/4 spurs she is 11 years old and this bird was the first thing she has shot i wish my first ever harvest was a turkey let alone 1 that good
the birds were hot this morning too he was like the 26 to 28 th bird i got to gobble this morning with a call and heard many more gobbling on htere own we heard probally close to 1000 or more gobbles this morning i have never experinced anything like it in my life and can only wish that i can again the noise from all those gobbles and the look in her eyes made this day one if not my best hunting trip yet

Quick Reply: TEAM 3 FAN-ADDICTS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.